The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Looking to make friends before I arrive (September start)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kaguuru
Going to leeds for ChemEng as well :smile:
Gotten Henry Price.

Nice, how did you find out that you got Henry Price?
I need a miracle to get the grades so I am dreading results day.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Jgco2chem

If you got an unconditional offer you will be allocated your accommodation between 15th of July and the 1 of August. If you have a conditional offer you will be allocated your accommodation between 17th of August and 9th of September.

“When will I get my offer of accommodation?

If you have an unconditional offer i.e. you already have your results, or if your results are sent to the university before 9 July, we will send your offer of accommodation between 15 July and 1 August. If you have a conditional offer and will not have results until after 9 July, we will send your offer of accommodation between 17 August and 9 September. If your results come through to the University later than expected, this may cause a delay with your accommodation offer, in which case if you have not heard by 9 September then please call our office.”
Original post by IamLiquid
If you got an unconditional offer you will be allocated your accommodation between 15th of July and the 1 of August. If you have a conditional offer you will be allocated your accommodation between 17th of August and 9th of September.

“When will I get my offer of accommodation?

If you have an unconditional offer i.e. you already have your results, or if your results are sent to the university before 9 July, we will send your offer of accommodation between 15 July and 1 August. If you have a conditional offer and will not have results until after 9 July, we will send your offer of accommodation between 17 August and 9 September. If your results come through to the University later than expected, this may cause a delay with your accommodation offer, in which case if you have not heard by 9 September then please call our office.”

Thanks, what were your predicted grades for you to get an unconditional offer?
Thanks, what were your predicted grades for you to get an unconditional offer?

I did a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma which is the equivalent of 3 A levels, my overall grade was D*D*D* (A*A*A* at A level)
Original post by IamLiquid
I did a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma which is the equivalent of 3 A levels, my overall grade was D*D*D* (A*A*A* at A level)

Oh cool
You'll make loads of friends during freshers, trust me.
Hi everyone! My name is Erica and I'm going to be studying Management with Marketing as a 2nd year at the uni. I'm from the Philippines and would like to get to know people before i arrive at the uni :smile:. I haven't gotten my accommodation yet which is weird though but i chose Central Village. Any advice?
Reply 67

Yeah your offer needs to be unconditional for you to get your accommodation.
And I'm an International Student who was in Leeds this past academic year for an International Foundation Year so that's why I got an unconditional offer so early.....

You'll do fine though. Leeds' A-level entry requirements for ChemEng this year were pretty high...They'll probably let you in with a grade below your offer?
What was your insurance?
I'll be going Leeds to do Physics if I don't get into Manchester. Biggest thing I'm worrying about is making friends there during freshers :frown:
I'm Angela, I am doing student exchange at Leeds in second semester. I'm from Australia and don't know much about Leeds and how university works there compared to Australia. I am studying some subjects from broadcast journalism. Any advice on the best accommodation, and how to make friends?
I'm Angela, I am doing student exchange at Leeds in second semester. I'm from Australia and don't know much about Leeds and how university works there compared to Australia. I am studying some subjects from broadcast journalism. Any advice on the best accommodation, and how to make friends?
Original post by Sam.Turner
As the title says,

I'll be attending The university of Leeds this year; Unconditional offer for Applied Computer Science, I'm not coming straight out of school, so i won't be going with anyone I know, Uni is a great place to meet people, but I think it would be nice to know at least someone before I get there,

So yeah, My names Sam, 20 years old, I'm easy going, open to pretty much anything, and I'd like to think im fun to be around :biggrin:

Reply here or PM me if you'd like,

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hey man, I'm starting Leeds in September too; Mech Eng!

I'm sure making friends in freshers wont be too hard, but if all else fails we can hang. I'm 20 as well, so not coming with people from school either!

What accommodation did you apply for? :biggrin:

Liam
@TerryTibbs

I'll be your friend, purely based on your username

Thank you, much love :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by Highli
No way! Nightclubs are full with 40-70 years old people.. No joke, last time I saw a grandpa on the dance floor :eek:

Dunno what sort of clubs you go to pal, but I've never seen 70 year olds in Warehouse, Hifi, Mission, Beaverworks etc
hey im doing social work too!! have you had your interview?
Hi! I'm Olivia and I have an unconditional place for September, I'm the same as you I'm not going straight from school as I took a year out so I don't know anybody 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just realised this is from last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Hi im Lyndon, Stating Computer Science in September, im looking to pick CV as accommodation
Hey man! I'm also going to study Applied CS at Leeds in September and coming straight from College so I won't know anyone either😂 I'm looking to meet new people before I start too. Nice to meet ya!
Hi I'm 19 and I have an offer to study chemical engineering and will be planning on going to leodis

Quick Reply

Latest