The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Adult Nursing Interview

Got an interview for Adult Nursing on 9th December at Burton campus, jut wondered if anyone knows what I can expect, is it just an interview, or tests and group discussions as well? Any help appreciated, thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just an interview with two of the lecturers.

Original post by Leigh1609
Got an interview for Adult Nursing on 9th December at Burton campus, jut wondered if anyone knows what I can expect, is it just an interview, or tests and group discussions as well? Any help appreciated, thanks
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
hi i just had mine today, it was a basic 15 minute interview and all they wanted to know was about me and also a couple scenarios .
Reply 3
Original post by mailo
hi i just had mine today, it was a basic 15 minute interview and all they wanted to know was about me and also a couple scenarios .

Thank you for that, fingers crossed you get on the course, did they tell you when they will let you know?
Reply 4
they say it takes up to two weeks... it will be really nerve racking to wait for a yes or no
Reply 5
Original post by mailo
they say it takes up to two weeks... it will be really nerve racking to wait for a yes or no

Did you get a reply yet to your interview? Also can I just ask did they ask in your interview anything about things in news at moment to do with NHS, I panicking a bit about what to research don't want to make a fool of myself x
Reply 6
A recent news story (specific to your branch), will be one of the questions asked.

Choose one from here: https://www.rcn.org.uk/newsevents/news

Did you get a reply yet to your interview? Also can I just ask did they ask in your interview anything about things in news at moment to do with NHS, I panicking a bit about what to research don't want to make a fool of myself x
Reply 7
Can I ask what you mean by branch? Is that the local area or just uk?
Reply 8

im still waiting for a reply they say it takes 2 weeks. to be honest with you i thoughtthey would ask about nhs or news and things like that. but somehow they only asked "tell me about you" and why do you want to be a nurse.....and then 2 senarios ..... i was surprised with the interview . prepare for easy questions so you can answer them without showing panick they need to see if you are sensible. basically common sense that what they are after
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Thank you, let me know how you got on when you get a reply x
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Branch relates to your nursing pathway: Adult, Mental Health, or Learning Disabilities.

I'd still read up on a recent news story, if i were you.

Good luck.

Can I ask what you mean by branch? Is that the local area or just uk?
Reply 11

hiyaaaa just letting you know i have a conditional offer for adult nursing and mental health nursing just received the offer today im so happy! i had applied for 3 branches but i didn't get the learning disability one ...my first choice was adult nursing and thats the one im going for... good luck on your interview and generally prepare for nhs and the news questions but dont forget the easy ones about you and why you want to be a nurse. good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
That's great news that you got an offer for both, which canpus will you be studying at? X
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Thanks for the tips, let me know how you got on when you get a response, hopefully they won't keep you waiting too long x
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
That's great news that you got an offer for both, which canpus will you be studying at? X

im at Wolverhampton university! good luck with your interview
Reply 15
Im so happy. Just got a conditional offer for adult nursing 😏🎉🎉🎉
Reply 16
Original post by FatimaT
Im so happy. Just got a conditional offer for adult nursing 😏🎉🎉🎉

congratulations well done !good luck with yourstudies
Reply 17
Original post by mailo
congratulations well done !good luck with yourstudies

Thank you 🙌🏾✌🏾️
Original post by mailo
hiyaaaa just letting you know i have a conditional offer for adult nursing and mental health nursing just received the offer today im so happy! i had applied for 3 branches but i didn't get the learning disability one ...my first choice was adult nursing and thats the one im going for... good luck on your interview and generally prepare for nhs and the news questions but dont forget the easy ones about you and why you want to be a nurse. i personally didn't have any questions besides about myself and about customer in distress but that might be something that my uni uses and not everyone! good luck

Hi

What do they ask for mental health nursing pliz. Thanks in advance
Reply 19
Original post by FLAMINGO34
Hi

What do they ask for mental health nursing pliz. Thanks in advance

hi , same questions as for adult and learning disabilities interview... i personally went through 3 interviews in a week and they all asked the same things at the point where kn my 3rd interview i was like bored i had the answers ready😂 just prepare for questions about nhs and the news. i didn't got asked any but just to be safe . if you. ask your university im sure they have advisers who can help you prepare and sit a mock interview. i did that and it really helps. good luck
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending