The Student Room Group

Gap Year '15-'16

Hey, how's everyone doing? What have you done with your year out so far?
I'm interested cause I suppose we're pretty far into the year now, for me it's crazy how fast it's gone but I've done a few things I really wanted to do so I'm happy. Except I'm kind of at a loose end atm. Does anyone find that, that after you do the big gap year thing you've been planning you're like ... what do i do now?
Also are people excited for uni yet or do u feel like you could take another year? haha I do! But that could go on forever...
So yeah, discuss!
So far my gap year has been pretty uneventful. I decided to take a gap year fairly late, so I didn't have anything planned in terms of how to spend my year out. I've been taking driving lessons since October I think, and I'm making good progress (my instructor thinks I'll be ready for my test soon!). I passed my theory test last week, so I just have to focus on the practical stuff now.

I'm looking forward to starting university, not because of the course as such, but because I really want to make some new friends and get involved with clubs etc. I've been pretty lonely on my gap year, so I think it'll be nice to have some social interaction again :smile:
Reply 2
omg im so bored i just wanna start uni
but I'm going on holiday soon so that should be fun
Original post by Leviathan1741
So far my gap year has been pretty uneventful. I decided to take a gap year fairly late, so I didn't have anything planned in terms of how to spend my year out. I've been taking driving lessons since October I think, and I'm making good progress (my instructor thinks I'll be ready for my test soon!). I passed my theory test last week, so I just have to focus on the practical stuff now.

I'm looking forward to starting university, not because of the course as such, but because I really want to make some new friends and get involved with clubs etc. I've been pretty lonely on my gap year, so I think it'll be nice to have some social interaction again :smile:

hey :smile: I know what you mean. I had a bit of a plan but then it just wasn't practical anymore. The main thing I did was a big dance competition that I've always wanted to do so I'm happy about that
Driving is good, it's so cool when you can have all that freedom!! Hope you have a good test!
I think one thing people don't tell u is that gap years can be lonely, yeah. I'm lucky cause all my friends went to local unis but even I havent seen them that much. I think it'll be fun to go and make friends at uni too. Maybe join a new club or something though? It sounds cliché but I have and I've made new friends that way :smile:
Original post by MevMev
omg im so bored i just wanna start uni
but I'm going on holiday soon so that should be fun

some days im bored too but then i remember i would be doing work if i was at uni...it's nice to have a brain rest. of a whole year...hahah. yeah holiday season is coming up! i cant wait to go away too

Quick Reply

Latest