The Student Room Group

In love with my best friends boyfriend

Two of my best friends recently started going out and I'm really happy for them but I have feelings for the guy and it's killing me. I feel really guilty but I can't tell anyone about how I feel. They both talk to me about each other all the time and I see them together everyday and it's really hard. I just want to get over it but I really like him :/ I don't know what to do other than just wait it out.
Reply 1
Wrong. Being in love with someone is mutual. And he's clearly in love with your other friend...

You'll just have to deal with the feelings unfortunately :console:
Not to be harsh but you're not in love, you're simply infatuated and you should just keep your mind off him until said infatuation goes away, which it will once you understand he is competely off limits.
Original post by Alexion
Wrong. Being in love with someone is mutual. And he's clearly in love with your other friend...

Not that I disagree with your advice, but I don't think being in love is mutual. I think you can be in love with someone even if they don't love you...
Reply 4
Original post by runforyourlife
Not that I disagree with your advice, but I don't think being in love is mutual. I think you can be in love with someone even if they don't love you...

Clue's in the phrase. In love with. You can love someone without being in love with them...
Just ignore him, and go and find somebody single
Original post by Alexion

Then what Is love when only one person loves the other called then?
Reply 6
at the end of the day you have to get over your feelings
Original post by runforyourlife
Two of my best friends recently started going out and I'm really happy for them but I have feelings for the guy and it's killing me. I feel really guilty but I can't tell anyone about how I feel. They both talk to me about each other all the time and I see them together everyday and it's really hard. I just want to get over it but I really like him :/ I don't know what to do other than just wait it out.

That's not love.
Reply 8
Original post by TercioOfParma
Then what Is love when only one person loves the other called then?

As before. You can love someone without being in love with them.
Go **** your best friend's boyfriend
Sorry thats unrequited love, dear.
Date someone who is single. It should help you get over him and move on. If you can't get over him then stop seeing him and her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending