The Student Room Group

White guys don't find women of colour that attractive, do they?

I'm talking from a general perspective, I feel like they don't. It's sad because as an Pakistani desi girl I find white men attractive but for some reason I feel like if I were to date one he would be lowering his standards of beauty. I know it's awful but that is how it makes me feel. I've only ever dated desi men because I feel like we are on the same level...

I watched this awhile ago and it exemplifies what I'm talking about. All his reactions towards the pretty white girls were far more appreciative of their beauty than the women of colour, also the muslim girl doesn't count because she is wearing blue contacts lenses (Amira hallomi? her natural eyes are brown) and blue eyes is an inherently white feature.

[video="youtube;dlPwVlKOXO8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlPwVlKOXO8[/video]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well the standard of beauty in Europe is being white so sadly we're stuck with this.
I speak from a non-white point of view btw
Original post by GUMI
Well the standard of beauty in Europe is being white so sadly we're stuck with this.
I speak from a non-white point of view btw

It sad and it's definitely true, it probably wont change in our life time! :frown:
I don't really discriminate, but If you're ugly you will be ugly regardless of race.
Original post by TercioOfParma
I don't really discriminate, but If you're ugly you will be ugly regardless of race.

Of course, but I think there is a subconscious element to it.
Im a 'white' male from the Mediterranean, I find girls from all over the world attractive. Especially olive/tanned skin :O
Well it's natural for most people to be attracted to their own race. So I can understand your frustration. I'm attracted to white guys, have only date white guys (I am attracted to other races, but I've just never had the chance to date them) and knowing the fact that a majority of white men aren't attracted to me doesn't bother me. I mean, I'm not going to date every single white dude on the planet am I? So knowing that there's a small group that do find me attractive is enough. You don't need validation from everyone, especially when they can't help it.
Firstly - wtf is wrong with that guy in the video??

Secondly - 'lowering his standards of beauty'?? Quit putting white people on a pedestal, if the guy's with you it means he finds you attractive...

Thirdly - everyone's different, you'll get some white guys attracted to Pakistani girls and you'll get some that aren't. Also the amount that are is probably higher than you think as they may find you attractive but, believing you're muslim, won't approach you.
My Uncle is English, whilst my aunt (His wife) is African. To be quite honest, they themselves don't know any other mixed-race couples, so I definitely see the point made in this thread, but of course (As always) exceptions exist. :smile:

But, I do think there are a lot of people out there who see beauty for beauty, and not race. Just maybe not as many as those who do see race... And I'm sure half of them don't even realise it!
(edited 8 years ago)
Although you do have a point, surely saying that you have a preference for white guys is a bit hypocritical.

Also I feel that a single guy's reaction video isn't the best proof for this point.
I as a white like desi girls - especially when they're the perfect shade of brown
like a latte or something - mm
Original post by Novascope
Well it's natural for most people to be attracted to their own race. So I can understand your frustration. I'm attracted to white guys, have only date white guys (I am attracted to other races, but I've just never had the chance to date them) and knowing the fact that a majority of white men aren't attracted to me doesn't bother me. I mean, I'm not going to date every single white dude on the planet am I? So knowing that there's a small group that do find me attractive is enough. You don't need validation from everyone, especially when they can't help it.

I don't think it's natural, purely statistically more probable.
I'm pretty sure different guys are attracted to different people, depends on which white guy you ask I guess?
Original post by DepletingSanity
My Uncle is English, whilst my aunt (His wife) is African. To be quite honest, they themselves don't know any other mixed-race couples, so I definitely see the point made in this thread, but of course (As always) exceptions exist. :smile:

But, I do think there are a lot of people out their who see beauty for beauty, and not race. Just maybe not as many as those who do see race... And I'm sure half of them don't even realise it!

Thank you, it was just a point I really wanted to raise and discuss. It really isn't meant to be offensive towards anybody. It's just a little frustrating if we look at it from a general perspective. :frown:

I like this answer. :smile:
Original post by TheHistoryphile
Of course, but I think there is a subconscious element to it.

I doubt it, my first crush was an east asian. I really don't as long as they are decent people, I am not sub conciously racist or anything
Original post by Dinasaurus
I don't think it's natural, purely statistically more probable.

It is natural to be attracted to your own race... There have been studies which show that you're more likely to be attracted to people who resemble yourself, and even your parents. Hence why a majority of people are attracted to their own race.
Original post by Biryani007
Firstly - wtf is wrong with that guy in the video??

Secondly - 'lowering his standards of beauty'?? Quit putting white people on a pedestal, if the guy's with you it means he finds you attractive...

Thirdly - everyone's different, you'll get some white guys attracted to Pakistani girls and you'll get some that aren't. Also the amount that are is probably higher than you think as they may find you attractive but, believing you're muslim, won't approach you.

The guy in the video really is the reason I raised this point, it just is an example of everything I'm talking about.

I'm not putting them on a pedestal intentionally I swear, it is just I feel like we will always be compared to the European standards of beauty.

Ofcourse everyone is different, I just wish this attitude didn't exist.
Original post by Espada Null
Yes you are inferior to white people. Just have to live with it. Oh well

Why am I inferior?
Original post by Novascope
It is natural to be attracted to your own race... There have been studies which show that you're more likely to be attracted to people who resemble yourself, and even your parents. Hence why a majority of people are attracted to their own race.

That seems to be biased on the fact that most people are the same race as their parents and live in countries with one ethnicity being the majority, my parents are both mixed race and not the same mix and therefore I'm not the same as them and I've not known people like me, I've not felt a natural inclination towards people like me.

I'm pretty sure if others grew up in a similar country/situation, they probably wouldn't have this bias.
There is a cultural factor at play here. A lot of white/British guys would be somewhat hesitant to date or marry into a culture that is quite different from their own. I'm not sure if this would be much of a problem if the Asian girl in question was quite Westernised.

Latest

Trending

Trending