The Student Room Group

Exam disqualification

My friend dropped a pen in our exam and it went under my chair so I passed it back and all of our papers had been collected in. Plus we didn't speak to each other when I gave it back. An invidulator came and told us off then told all the other invidulators. Will I be disqualified? Or would they have already told us?
Original post by maisy336
My friend dropped a pen in our exam and it went under my chair so I passed it back and all of our papers had been collected in. Plus we didn't speak to each other when I gave it back. An invidulator came and told us off then told all the other invidulators. Will I be disqualified? Or would they have already told us?

I hope you have been disqualified.
Is this GCSE or A level? I think they'd probably tell you there and then..but then again its been years since I was at school..but I remember being told that if were caught cheating, we would be instantly disqualified so i assume its pretty instant if they decide to do it..passing someone a pen is a pretty innocent mistake to make, the invidulators are human as well and i'd hope they wouldn't make you fail a subject just because you were being kind hearted!
Reply 3
This was our first GCSE but we didn't cheat or even speak to each other

Original post by smellybelly1991
Is this GCSE or A level? I think they'd probably tell you there and then..but then again its been years since I was at school..but I remember being told that if were caught cheating, we would be instantly disqualified so i assume its pretty instant if they decide to do it..passing someone a pen is a pretty innocent mistake to make, the invidulators are human as well and i'd hope they wouldn't make you fail a subject just because you were being kind hearted!
This was our first GCSE but we didn't cheat or even speak to each other

I'd try not to worry then, its your first GCSE exam I think they'll let you make a tiny slip up like that
A lad did that at my school, the invigilator didn't say anything so you should safe. which exam was it btw?

If they didn't pull you aside afterwards or tell you there and then, then you're probably fine. Just make sure you never let them even suspect you're cheating so don't pick up pens - the invigilators will do that; don't talk; don't look around the room except straight at the clock; don't give eye contact to ANY STUDENT. You should be fine but be careful! Good luck with the rest of them :smile:
No. You will be fine. I cnat see you did anything wrong and they are uptight considering the papers had been handed in.

Quick Reply

Latest