The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Question and Answers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by magicalmoondust
Hi, do you have a date for arrivals day yet for 2016/17 entry? The date on my UCAS is 1st October but I saw the term start date is 3rd October. I wanted to book flights ASAP so wanted to know what day I should arrive?

Welcome Week officially starts on Monday 3rd October through arrivals are staggered between the Saturday and the Sunday depending on which college you are in.

Since you have said you need to book flights, I assume you are an international student. I would therefore suggest you contact the International Office on +44 (0)1524 592037 or [email protected] who will be able to advise further.

Jamie Carbert | Lancaster University
E: [email protected]
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Lancaster University
Welcome Week officially starts on Monday 3rd October through arrivals are staggered between the Saturday and the Sunday depending on which college you are in.

Since you have said you need to book flights, I assume you are an international student. I would therefore suggest you contact the International Office on +44 (0)1524 592037 or [email protected] who will be able to advise further.

Thank you very much. I'm not an international student but I'm from Northern Ireland so I'll most likely be flying to Manchester and travelling from there.
Reply 102
Hi there,I've just been made an offer to begin Biochemistry (c700) this year, however I was wondering if it would be possible to transfer onto Biochemistry with study abroad (C702) once we had already been enrolled? I am aware that some universities allow this after the first year subject to achievement within the first year, and I was wondering if this was also the case with Lancaster? Many thanks :smile:
Original post by magicalmoondust
Thank you very much. I'm not an international student but I'm from Northern Ireland so I'll most likely be flying to Manchester and travelling from there.

In which case you'll be please to hear that there is a direct train from Manchester Airport to Lancaster. From the station, you would be able to catch a taxi or it is a short walk from the station to the bus stop.

Original post by STEMfit
Hi there,I've just been made an offer to begin Biochemistry (c700) this year, however I was wondering if it would be possible to transfer onto Biochemistry with study abroad (C702) once we had already been enrolled? I am aware that some universities allow this after the first year subject to achievement within the first year, and I was wondering if this was also the case with Lancaster? Many thanks :smile:

Congratulations on being made an offer to study here at Lancaster. To be able to transfer to a Study Abroad course would usually depend on your academic performance in your first year, although I would advise contacting our Admissions Office on [email protected] to discuss this further.

Hello! I am curious wether or not there are many study abroad opportunities within university and how hard is to obtain a year abroad as a Combined Honours student (Management, Politics and International Relations) :smile:
Original post by Lalala97
Hello! I am curious wether or not there are many study abroad opportunities within university and how hard is to obtain a year abroad as a Combined Honours student (Management, Politics and International Relations) :smile:

With that particular course, unfortunately there won't be an option for an integrated Study Abroad scheme during your studies. However, you may be able to obtain some other Study Abroad opportunities on a more individual basis, outside of your degree.

Please contact the Study Abroad team within the International Office for more information via email on [email protected] or by telephone on 01524 592035.

Jamie Graney | Lancaster University
Are there study abroad opportunities for Law students who aren't studying International Law?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Llew_Ch97
Are there study abroad opportunities for Law students who aren't studying International Law?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Although there isn't a chance to Study Abroad as part of your regular Law course, you can pursue some opportunities abroad on a more individual basis, through our Students' Union and their volunteering scheme. Law students have previously been involved in numerous volunteering opportunities abroad outside of term time, such as during summer holidays, to our Lancaster University campus in Ghana and in Vienna, also.

Please contact the Study Abroad team within the International Office for more information via email on [email protected] or by telephone on 01524 592035.

Is a dissertation required for BSc Biology and Psychology?
Original post by plasmabubble
Is a dissertation required for BSc Biology and Psychology?

No, you are not required to produce a dissertation for entry onto that course. At A-Level, we require between AAA-AAB with at least 2 science subjects, including Biology, Chemistry, Computing, Environmental Science, Geography, Human Biology, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics or Psychology. Please follow the link below for further information:

http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/biology-with-psychology-bsc-hons-c1c8/#entrycriteria

Also do feel free to contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office on +44 (0)1524 592028 or via email at [email protected] with any other queries.

E:
[email protected]
Hello. How do I go about applying for scholarships at Lancaster university, and in particular the academic scholarship of £2000? I already have A*A*A*A from my A-levels last year, but I am not applying for the higher amount of student finance so I will not be sharing financial information. Will i still be eligible for the scholarship? If so, when will I be notified.
Do second and third year students typically find accommodation in the town center? Also, I will be living in Spain until the end of August so is there any help I can get with finding somewhere to live? I don't want to live in halls though.
how lenient are the boundaries once I get my results?
Original post by 404 not found
Hello. How do I go about applying for scholarships at Lancaster university, and in particular the academic scholarship of £2000? I already have A*A*A*A from my A-levels last year, but I am not applying for the higher amount of student finance so I will not be sharing financial information. Will i still be eligible for the scholarship? If so, when will I be notified.

To be eligible for our Academic Scholarship, you simply need to apply to our course and our Undergraduate Admissions Department will inform you if you have qualified, based on your grades. Student Finance England are not involved in this.

Reply 115
I'll be starting my Mechanical Engineering degree at Lancaster University this October and have a few questions.

- As I did not study A-Level Maths I want to find out what Maths Modules I will be studying in my first year so I can prepare over the summer
- Do Mechanical Engineering students get the chance to take Placement/Internship oppurtunities in their second/third year
- When do we get our accommodation sorted out and what is the minimum amount of time we can rent out the accommodation for or do we have to rent it out for the whole year

Thanks in advance.
Original post by T3ffee
I'll be starting my Mechanical Engineering degree at Lancaster University this October and have a few questions.

- As I did not study A-Level Maths I want to find out what Maths Modules I will be studying in my first year so I can prepare over the summer
- Do Mechanical Engineering students get the chance to take Placement/Internship oppurtunities in their second/third year
- When do we get our accommodation sorted out and what is the minimum amount of time we can rent out the accommodation for or do we have to rent it out for the whole year

Thanks in advance.

Hi, i think with your last question you can check the iLancaster app and it tells you how many weeks you have the accommodation for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lancaster University
To be eligible for our Academic Scholarship, you simply need to apply to our course and our Undergraduate Admissions Department will inform you if you have qualified, based on your grades. Student Finance England are not involved in this.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know roughly when successful people will be informed?
Original post by mmquicksand
Do second and third year students typically find accommodation in the town center? Also, I will be living in Spain until the end of August so is there any help I can get with finding somewhere to live? I don't want to live in halls though.

Yes, there are plenty of accommodation options within the town centre for Lancaster students. These can range from private landlords, university-owned accommodation through LUSU Living or purpose-built student accommodation with private companies, such as CityBlock.

For assistance with your accommodation options, contact our Undergraduate Accommodation team at [email protected] or call them on +44 (0)1524 593554.

Original post by adamgrades
how lenient are the boundaries once I get my results?

Please contact our Undergraduate Admissions team at [email protected] or on +44 (0)1524 592028 for any queries concerning grade boundaries or other admissions issues.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending