The Student Room Group

I'm not stressed - what is wrong with me?

My GCSE exams start tomorrow, and I have around 24 exams overall - I've done almost no revision for any of them, but I'm not stressed at all. Everybody I know, who have been revising for months, are panicking and stressed but I'm not, yet I've done almost no revision.

I'm not even the tiniest bit stressed or nervous.

What's wrong with me? Does anybody else feel like this? :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Wait what? you lost me at the words "not stressed", Yea go see a doctor and find out why your not stressed, maybe your blood pressure is like -50?
Mate stressing is pointless. And if you haven't revised you're gonna need that calm mind to do some solid cramming and bs.
Reply 3
Original post by Jonsmith98
Wait what? you lost me at the words "not stressed", Yea go see a doctor and find out why your not stressed, maybe your blood pressure is like -50?

Haha that's everybody's reaction when I tell them :redface: but yeah, I'm not sure whether I'm just a stress-free kinda person, or whether I'm not taking GCSE's seriously enough :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by Natasha1998
Mate stressing is pointless. And if you haven't revised you're gonna need that calm mind to do some solid cramming and bs.

Exactly, that's how I see it - what good is stress going to do? I know it sounds like an excuse for not revising, but in my eyes, people get stressed when they revise too much, because they're scared their hard work won't be worth it, but when you go in not knowing much, any grade is a success.

I don't know, maybe I am finding excuses not to revise. :redface:
Original post by Grovyshi
Haha that's everybody's reaction when I tell them :redface: but yeah, I'm not sure whether I'm just a stress-free kinda person, or whether I'm not taking GCSE's seriously enough :s-smilie:

I guess your lack of revision may be a contributing factor. If your not really paying much attention to the freight train about to hit you, how can you get stressed about it.
Why be stressed, you have done what has to be done for revision and what ever your outcomes are is was all down to you!

My A level start this week, I am way to chilled out because I am prepared and the worst thing you can do is enter an exam in a bad frame of mind! Good Luck Bro!:u:
It's still very possible to do well so long as you stay calm and you can still revise after each exam for the next one.
That's what I did for my physics gcse anyway :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by CaptainRobinson
Why be stressed, you have done what has to be done for revision and what ever your outcomes are is was all down to you!

My A level start this week, I am way to chilled out because I am prepared and the worst thing you can do is enter an exam in a bad frame of mind! Good Luck Bro!:u:

For most exams, although I've done basically no revision, I feel like I've done enough - I tend to work better without putting too much thought into it. :tongue:

Good luck with your A Levels! :smile: Hopefully I'll be in your position in a couple of years :biggrin:

AS I'm assuming? Same boat here, bar the prepared part :tongue:
Reply 10
Don't stress yourself over not being stressed over exams. I was the same and carefree during GCSEs

Panicking won't do anything. Do try to some past papers though. :tongue:
AS I'm assuming? Same boat here, bar the prepared part :tongue:

No A2 :smile: AS was fun last year :biggrin:
Reply 12
You're broken... and not even Bob the Builder can fix you hun ._.

Spoiler

My GCSE exams start tomorrow, and I have around 24 exams overall - I've done almost no revision for any of them, but I'm not stressed at all. Everybody I know, who have been revising for months, are panicking and stressed but I'm not, yet I've done almost no revision.

I'm not even the tiniest bit stressed or nervous.

What's wrong with me? Does anybody else feel like this? :s-smilie:

When I did my GCSEs I was only stressed because teachers were saying we had no retakes, but still get to a level then you will be stressed
For most exams, although I've done basically no revision, I feel like I've done enough - I tend to work better without putting too much thought into it. :tongue:

Good luck with your A Levels! :smile: Hopefully I'll be in your position in a couple of years :biggrin:

Yes GCSE's are not the hardest, you should be fine! :smile:
Thank you, hopefully you will be Bro!:u:
Reply 15
lololol this is exactly me. Ive done no revision at all. My exam starts tommorow and I ain't even stressed one bit. I cant even get myself to revise. Is that bad?
No A2 :smile: AS was fun last year :biggrin:

Urgh...lucky you'll be finished with exams for a while then!!! And doing what you want to do with life too:h:
Reply 17
Original post by Nihaj
lololol this is exactly me. Ive done no revision at all. My exam starts tommorow and I ain't even stressed one bit. I cant even get myself to revise. Is that bad?

We're in the same boat :tongue:
Urgh...lucky you'll be finished with exams for a while then!!! And doing what you want to do with life too:h:

Lucky indeed! Trust me a year will fly by! :u:
Reply 19
Original post by kkboyk
Don't stress yourself over not being stressed over exams. I was the same and carefree during GCSEs

Panicking won't do anything. Do try to some past papers though. :tongue:

Thanks for the advice! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest