The Student Room Group

Should revision start now?

Hey
Am in year 10 but I was wondering of I should start my revision now so that I don't have a lot to do in year 11!
Original post by Naomeyz_01
Hey
Am in year 10 but I was wondering of I should start my revision now so that I don't have a lot to do in year 11!

I am literally cramming for every exam the night/minutes before the starting time. Don't start too early, make an attempt to around February.
Reply 2
Why start now?! youre going to forget everything! enjoy yourself while you have freedom... next 3 years this time of your life are going to SUCK

Posted from TSR Mobile
It can't hurt to look over stuff you've learnt once or twice, but don't worry about it too much. ^^^ good advice on the last comment. Start revising around Feb. Don't leave it too late so you have to cram all night the night before. It doesn't work trust me

Posted from TSR Mobile
I started revising when I was in year10 and if you use the right techniques your memory actually improves.. So you would be able to remember most things rather than having to revise them from the start. Don't do any hardcore revision just around one hour every day would help
I started around October the year before, did a few hours a few days a week, until February I've revised daily. Now my exams have started and I'm still cramming, but yes I'm glad I started early. I wouldn't recommend starting now, maybe just do notes for science etc. but don't actually revise them. I also wouldn't recommend past papers till at least january are you will run out fairly quickly.
Reply 6
Thank you for that advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
No! Relax, enjoy yourself! Start next year around April time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
If you're going to start revising in Year 10, the best thing to do is to make resources for Year 11. So put together revision notes to read through, make all your flashcards, so that you don't have to spend ages doing all of that when your exams roll around and instead you can just focus on learning from the resources :smile:
Make Flashcards, For everything you are learning now so when it comes to Year 11 it literally is just revision.

Quick Reply

Latest