The Student Room Group

Is a Welsh student doing UG in England eligible for PGL?

I'm welsh, and use SFW for UG funding, but study at a University in England. I did an exchange year in NZ this year but during this summer will be living and working in England, before going back to University for final year in England. I will then be spending the following summer resident in England.

Do I count as "ordinarily resident in England" for the purposes of securing a Postgraduate Loan?
Original post by Domikko
I'm welsh, and use SFW for UG funding, but study at a University in England. I did an exchange year in NZ this year but during this summer will be living and working in England, before going back to University for final year in England. I will then be spending the following summer resident in England.

Do I count as "ordinarily resident in England" for the purposes of securing a Postgraduate Loan?

It will be borderline - you might have to prove that you've been working in England as well as studying and that you're England residence is your main one (usually things like bank statements, student finance letters, driving licence, electoral roll etc being linked to your England address) .

I'd suggest applying - there's a reasonable chance they'll approve it. If they don't would you be able to take a gap year working in England and then apply again?
Reply 2
You would have to prove that you didn't just move to England for uni in the first place in order to be considered "ordinarily resident". Worth a try, but I wouldn't be hopeful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending