The Student Room Group

Finished all my GCSE exams

So I just finished my last exam yesterday and now I am going to have nothing to do in the holidays apart from watching movies and playing the sims 3 for 4 hours straight. Any suggestions on what to do on the holidays apart from these things?
Do other hobbies you like:

Try exercising (do an unusual, new sport you haven't done before), read a book perhaps, I might try improving my horrible art skills (I found this great 3D artist, Jonathan Harris on YouTube, watch some of his videos and draw!) :smile:

Work experience? NCS?
Reply 2
Read books!
Original post by ?Hannah
Read books!

That's what i'm doing :smile: Plus i might look at some a-level stuff :colondollar:
get work experience
N.C.S :0
get a job?

money + something to do
Reply 7
Personally I would start doing a level topics...I don't mean like practice everyday for hours, but maybe once to twice a week try and learn a topic or even a section of a topic so that when you go into year 12 you're work load won't be as much. Even twice a week to learn a topic would give you an unimaginable boost when you start your new academic year. Obviously there is no pressure or strict rule to study/practice as its the summer holidays which makes it a lot less stressful for yourself plus you're getting the things done. :h:
Also make sure to relax and enjoy your summer holidays...reading books is a good way to spend your time.
This is what I'll do when I'll be in year 12 and definitely this summer holiday because I have a feeling year 11 will be stressful. :s-smilie:
If you have any friends who aren't going to the same college as you, try to see them as much as possible because once college starts, you probably won't see them much any more :frown:
Also, keeping a summer blog and looking at different uni courses you'd like to do may be fun :smile:
SLEEP

EAT

GO TO A THEME PARK

CHILL

NETFLIX

ALL NIGHTERS

READ

SLEEPOVERS

DRIVING LESSONS (IF YOUR OLD ENOUGH)

GAMES

PS

EAT

EAT

EAT

SLEEP ALL DAY

GO FOR WALKS

MEET UP WITH YOUR FRIENDS

GO OUT TO EAT

JUST DO ANYTHING YOU FIND FUN

idek why i done that in caps :smile:
Original post by Lightning_xo
SLEEP

EAT

GO TO A THEME PARK

CHILL

NETFLIX

ALL NIGHTERS

READ

SLEEPOVERS

DRIVING LESSONS (IF YOUR OLD ENOUGH)

GAMES

PS

EAT

EAT

EAT

SLEEP ALL DAY

GO FOR WALKS

MEET UP WITH YOUR FRIENDS

GO OUT TO EAT

JUST DO ANYTHING YOU FIND FUN

idek why i done that in caps :smile:

At what age can you get driving lessons?
Original post by Butterflyshy
At what age can you get driving lessons?

Got 5 months left then i can drive :smile:
Job? Exercise? PAH! Do whatever the fuk u want!
Reply 13
read the Chilcot report.
After that everything will seem like fun.
Original post by Miss Studious
So I just finished my last exam yesterday and now I am going to have nothing to do in the holidays apart from watching movies and playing the sims 3 for 4 hours straight. Any suggestions on what to do on the holidays apart from these things?

Explore the great outdoors!
Reply 15
Original post by Miss Studious

I set myself several targets over the holidays, you might want to make some of these more relevant to you but here are mine:

Finish book 11 of TWoT
Finish an Airfix model
Learn another long piece of Chopin (#ChopinisloveChopinislife)
Finish learning the Jazz pieces for Swing band (I play lead piano)
Get back into playing the accordion
Create at least one Excel document that takes more than a minutes and contains at least one advanced macro
Learn some more Disney on the piano
Get back into doing a little running
And get involved in several debates on TSR

Hopefully not crying when I open my results and it says 14 'U's rather than c. 6 'A*'s, 3 'A's, 2 'B's ad a 'C'
Start prepping for AS or develop a hobby/interest.

On my AS break I'm:

- Going through the German A2 textbook and learning all the vocab lmao.
- Reading about German history, especially East Germany (which we do in A2)
- Learning Russian (which I start at uni on a beginners course)

And I'm enjoying those things greatly :}
Reply 17
[QUOTE=Lightning_xo;65906622

CHILL

NETFLIX

I think you made an error here Netflix and chill are on separate lines?
Surely Netflix n' Chill is better than lonely Netflix.

Quick Reply

Latest