The Student Room Group

Does she know It's a date??

So basically, I've been talking to the same girl for a couple of months and I wanted to ask her out in a way that she knew she had been asked out but was also subtle enough that I could play it off as not a date if she said no... Thankfully she said yes to it! I said "may I take you out on *insert day here*", but I wish to avoid the awkward "what is this?" conversation if it's unclear after the day. What do you think? Does she know shes going on a date? Should I call it a date? Any input is appreciated.

Thank you,
Aaron
She will know.
I think the "may I take you out" would imply to her that it is indeed

Spoiler

lol you are funny
For you it is definitely a date, for her it may be both a date and going out with a friend. It depends on the whole conversation and where you are going to bring her.

I am sure you know better, use your gut feeling! ... so, what does it say?! lol
Reply 5
Sounds like a date to me. Generally, if a guy is in doubt as to whether it's a date or not, it probably isn't... but the "may I take you out" bit means she probably thinks it's a date as well.

On a separate note, who the hell says "may I take you out."
Reply 6
Original post by Kre
Sounds like a date to me. Generally, if a guy is in doubt as to whether it's a date or not, it probably isn't... but the "may I take you out" bit means she probably thinks it's a date as well.

I personally think it's a cute way to ask :h:
Original post by Cinamon Biscuit
lol you are funny

Tell me something I don't know :u:
Original post by Kre

OP apparently
Reply 9
Original post by goam
I personally think it's a cute way to ask :h:

Yeah it's cute when you're like 14.

Original post by monk1324
OP apparently

OP is clearly new to the dating scene.
She must know it's a date if you've been talking for a couple of months. If you get a cheeky kiss or even sly hints you will know how she feels about you. Just make sure not to ask the question, if she wants to know she will ask herself. Don't stress!:wink:
Reply 11
Sounds like your intensions were clear. Anyway it's a chance to make your mark and see what happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending