The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

May have to go through clearing - what should I do before results day?

Hi. So, my exams are over, I THINK i've done enough, but I'm still slightly nervous that I haven't got the grades I need to get into uni (Warwick)

My insurance choice is not a lower offer than my firm. So if I don't get the grades, I can't go to either.

I'm trying not to panic about this - if it happens, it happens. I was just wondering what I could do to prepare for it, if I don't get the grades? I don't know where to start. Should I be looking at other unis? Is it possible to go to a uni whose offer I rejected, if they're in clearing? And are there any resources to tell me which unis are offering clearing spaces?
Reply 1
In a similar position as you. Keen for answers.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by roselestrange
Hi. So, my exams are over, I THINK i've done enough, but I'm still slightly nervous that I haven't got the grades I need to get into uni (Warwick)

My insurance choice is not a lower offer than my firm. So if I don't get the grades, I can't go to either.

I'm trying not to panic about this - if it happens, it happens. I was just wondering what I could do to prepare for it, if I don't get the grades? I don't know where to start. Should I be looking at other unis? Is it possible to go to a uni whose offer I rejected, if they're in clearing? And are there any resources to tell me which unis are offering clearing spaces?

The best thing you can do before results is maybe look up which universities generally have clearing spaces available for your course from past years, then do some research about them and make a list of those you'd be happy to go to.

You can apply for a rejected uni through clearing.

Download the telegraph clearing app then on results day there will be a list of all clearing spaces which you can filter by uni or by course. Then you'll just have to be quick about deciding if you want to take one of these places - there will be a number to call and you'll have a conversation where they may or may not accept you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The clearing list is already out. You just have to hope a lot of people miss their grades so they open it up I guess!
Reply 4
Original post by acontium
The clearing list is already out. You just have to hope a lot of people miss their grades so they open it up I guess!

It seems UCAS already posted their list on the search website, but it's not accurate. I dialed up Uni. of Strathclyde for a course listed, they said they don't enter clearing at all and haven't been for the past few years.
Original post by chrisw53
It seems UCAS already posted their list on the search website, but it's not accurate. I dialed up Uni. of Strathclyde for a course listed, they said they don't enter clearing at all and haven't been for the past few years.

I am sure I have seen them in the past years but maybe not!

Quick Reply

Latest