The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by infairverona
I wouldn't side with a girl just because she was a girl. I think it's pretty pathetic to break up with someone over something so trivial, you obviously don't like her that much if you would rather not be with her as long as you get blowjobs :rolleyes: I personally wouldn't want someone I like a lot doing anything sexually that they weren't comfortable with, and if I was comfortable doing it then who cares? If you're only giving it to receive that's very immature

I give because she claims its the only way she can orgasm and I want to please her. Am I not allowed to be frustrated that she doesnt do the same?
You shouldn't be in dating someone you're not sexually compatible with. Your reasons for considering a break up are perfectly valid, there's no point harbouring resentment/frustration. I will suggest that you have a serious conversation with her if it means that much to you. If she's not interested in giving you oral (Which she's perfectly entitled to be, not everyone is into it) then you just have to accept that you're not sexually compatible and go separate ways.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello. My girlfriend of four months doesn't give blowjobs yet loves me going down on her (which I do). Every time I bring it up she says she doesnt like doing it but will one day. :rolleyes: Its getting to the point where I am considering breaking up with her over this. Receiving oral sex is something I really like and am used to as my exes did it. I don't know how to approach this as I really like her but don't want to be in a relationship where I don't receive blowjobs.

Help?

I think maybe u should just give her time, as some girls may not be comfortable with things like this, and is getting a blowjob really more important than ur love for her? :s-smilie:
I give because she claims its the only way she can orgasm and I want to please her. Am I not allowed to be frustrated that she doesnt do the same?

Of course you can be frustrated and you should talk to her about it more, but breaking up with her over it is weird and extreme if you claim to really like her
Original post by Alba2013
Dump!

This !!
Of course I am the jerk right? :rolleyes: No it just means we are not sexually compatible. I bet if there was a thread the other way around (guy wouldn't go down on girl) then you would side with the girl.

It's not that you're a bad guy but your relationship must be pretty thin if your willing to break up over this. There are LOADS of sexual things you can do together, maybe see if there is something else you enjoy that she is cool with.
Hello. My girlfriend of four months doesn't give blowjobs yet loves me going down on her (which I do). Every time I bring it up she says she doesnt like doing it but will one day. :rolleyes: Its getting to the point where I am considering breaking up with her over this. Receiving oral sex is something I really like and am used to as my exes did it. I don't know how to approach this as I really like her but don't want to be in a relationship where I don't receive blowjobs.

Help?

Being a girl myself and from experience I always wanted to give my boyfriend oral sex but I was so embarrassed and shy to do so even when he initiated be to do so( I think this was largely down to this being my first relationship and he having been in many). Eventually he confronted me about it because it did become a bit of an issue. I wasn't embarrassed that he brought it up as an issue as it just gave me the confidence and reassurance that I shouldn't be embarrassed about it . Therefore your girlfriend probably doesn't realise how much it matters to you and surely if she really wants to be with you and wants to make you happy she'd compromise for you as this is what you do in relationships

Posted from TSR Mobile
The only people saying you're being pathetic are those who have never experienced this, giving and not getting in a sexual sense, so just ignore them.

It's very tough but I promise you she'll eventually come around. With my ex (who actually ended up cheating on me, which is ironic since we didn't do anything sexual for months because I knew she didn't want to, as soon as we do something she suddenly wants it every day...) the day she finally reciprocated was a day I randomly decided to treat her. We had a day out, amazing restaurant etc, then when we got back to my place she just basically decided she wanted to "reward me" (her words not mine). Just be patient my friend, it feels like she'll never do it, even the day before she does.

If however you are only dating her for sexual favour, do yourself a favour and don't date, just get a fwb
Reply 28

Help?

I'm surprised some ppl can only think of insults such as "immature" and "weird" to justify their points of view!

Personally I don't see the big deal. If she doesn't want it but you do then it's completely understandable that you wouldn't want to put up with that. Maybe if she could offer something else she would prefer instead (and you accept) that would be the fairest way and both of you would be happy.
Original post by ComputerMaths97
The only people saying you're being pathetic are those who have never experienced this, giving and not getting in a sexual sense, so just ignore them.

You have no idea what other people's experiences have been. I have been in this situation and it hasn't bothered me. If you give only to receive you are infantile. The 'getting' in return is knowing you're satisfying and pleasing your partner, who you like or love, and knowing that you aren't making them do something they are uncomfortable with in return. If all you care about is what you can get out of a girl then don't get into a relationship :rolleyes:
Reply 30
Original post by x-bhakti-patel
I think maybe u should just give her time, as some girls may not be comfortable with things like this, and is getting a blowjob really more important than ur love for her? :s-smilie:

Comparing love to a blowjob is a ridiculous and meaningless comparison.

If you give only to receive you are infantile. The 'getting' in return is knowing you're satisfying and pleasing your partner, who you like or love, and knowing that you aren't making them do something they are uncomfortable with in return. If all you care about is what you can get out of a girl then don't get into a relationship :rolleyes:

You're very opinionated, got any logic or reasons to justify your point of view?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by xylas

You're very opinionated, got any logic or reasons to justify your point of view?

I've already given my reasons - not my issue if you can't understand it. As I said, I can understand being frustrated. But if you love someone and you're willing to break up with them because they won't do what you want them to do sexually, there's something wrong.
You have no idea what other people's experiences have been. I have been in this situation and it hasn't bothered me. If you give only to receive you are infantile. The 'getting' in return is knowing you're satisfying and pleasing your partner, who you like or love, and knowing that you aren't making them do something they are uncomfortable with in return. If all you care about is what you can get out of a girl then don't get into a relationship :rolleyes:

I respectfully disagree. If I am with a partner I want him to love every last bit of me, and make pleasing me a priority, the same way I love all his bits and pieces and make pleasing him a priority. Honestly I have no time for people who get all squeamish in the bedroom and if OP had been a girl I would recommend exactly the same; dump and never look back.
Reply 33
I've already given my reasons - not my issue if you can't understand it. As I said, I can understand being frustrated. But if you love someone and you're willing to break up with them because they won't do what you want them to do sexually, there's something wrong.

Those aren't reasons those are more opinions. Writing a set of absolute statements does not make you right.
Original post by xylas
Those aren't reasons those are more opinions. Writing a set of absolute statements does not make you right.

I am quite obviously expressing my opinion as is anyone on this forum :rolleyes:
Reply 35
I am quite obviously expressing my opinion as is anyone on this forum :rolleyes:

"my opinion" = many opinions without further justification. :rolleyes:
Original post by xylas
"my opinion" = many opinions without further justification. :rolleyes:

I've given justification - I think it's childish to prioritise sex when you are in a relationship with someone you claim to like. If it was just a friend with benefits or something sure, but I would have thought feelings towards someone are more important in a relationship than whether or not they will do every sexual act that you demand of them. With stuff like this there is never a right or wrong answer - what's right for me is obviously not what's right for OP - I am just giving my opinion as I see it differently. If you haven't read what I've posted and can't seem to grasp why I've said what I've said - despite the fact that I've now repeated it a third time for you - then that's your problem
Original post by xylas

How if u dont mind me asking? I really do not get what u are trying to say?:s-smilie:
Reply 38
Original post by x-bhakti-patel
How if u dont mind me asking? I really do not get what u are trying to say?:s-smilie:

No problem it's quite simple. When you wrote "is getting a blowjob really more important than ur love for her?" that is a ridiculous comparison to make.

By what criteria are you judging one to be more important than the other? They are completely different things so any answers to this question are completely meaningless.
Original post by Alba2013
I respectfully disagree. If I am with a partner I want him to love every last bit of me, and make pleasing me a priority, the same way I love all his bits and pieces and make pleasing him a priority. Honestly I have no time for people who get all squeamish in the bedroom and if OP had been a girl I would recommend exactly the same; dump and never look back.

Where do you draw the line with that though? What if you have a kink that your partner doesn't share and doesn't like, would you still expect them to just get over it and do it, making them uncomfortable in the meantime, because you like something and expect your partner to please you? Obviously in this context we are talking just about blowjobs but how far would you extend that principle? I would not ever want someone to do something to me/with me that they didn't want to do. Knowing someone doesn't want to do it that much and is ONLY doing it because you've demanded it would not be enjoyable for me

Latest

Trending

Trending