The Student Room Group

What to wear at a job interview

I'm 16 and applying for jobs and one got back to me, as i have never been to an interview i'm sure my standard casual attire would not be suitable. I'm just wondering what did you guys wear to your first interview and do they care about what clothes you wear? (i'm a guy)
16? Nobody gives a ****, just casual clothing. i.e. Jeans...
Depends what type of job it is?

If it's something like a job in retail or in a restaurant, I've worn a smart shirt with jeans before and it was fine. If you want to be a bit smarter, you can wear formal trousers and maybe a tie but a full suit is a bit overkill in my opinion (unless it's a high end shop/restaurant).
It depends where you are applying for I have always worn tailor made suits to my interview, no one wants to employ someone who doesn't appear either professional nor serious about the job. I am seventeen and i have worked at both Goldsmiths and John Lewis so trust me on this one :smile:
Depends on the job.. Few people will expect you to have a suit at 16, but you should have a short and tie. Wear conservative clothes dark colours and white shirt. You want to give the impression you have made an effort, take it seriously and they can see you know how to dress in accordance with their workplace. Matters less if not an office, but make an effort to be well presented.

Not jeans or trainers.
Reply 5
Original post by alexsls
I'm 16 and applying for jobs and one got back to me, as i have never been to an interview i'm sure my standard casual attire would not be suitable. I'm just wondering what did you guys wear to your first interview and do they care about what clothes you wear? (i'm a guy)

What do the employees wear at the potential place of work?
Original post by alexsls

Wear black trousers, polished black shoes (no trainers or casual footwear) and a crisp white shirt. If you have a red tie wear that too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending