The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Parking - De Montefort University

I'm starting university this September and stupidly I didn't think to double check whether I could park my car at the summit and my problem being is that I need to take my car due to multiple medical reasons & needing to travel often but also don't qualify for a blue badge. Is there anywhere near eastern boulevard that allows parking?
there is the NCP car park, but I dont think its that secure, and would be quite expensive if your parking every day, maybe talk to the summit and see if they can give you a place or something in the car park?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by kieran.bond007
there is the NCP car park, but I dont think its that secure, and would be quite expensive if your parking every day, maybe talk to the summit and see if they can give you a place or something in the car park?

Ive checked out NCP on welford road its around £850, SULETS offered me parking at regents court but thats nearlly a mile away and dont entirely feel comfortable with leaving my car there!:/
I was with sulets last year, but across the road at Upperton Road. Parking here is very near impossible. There is on street parking down Eastern Boulevard but it requires paying every day between 7am and 6pm I believe Monday to Saturday. I don't believe you can get a permit or anything. Even if you were willing to pay that and put that on daily, it gets extremely busy and if you move the car, you may struggle parking it back there.

My friend did park on a road the other side of narborough road as they don't require permits but that is a good 20 minute walk away and once again, you are not guaranteed to be able to park there. She eventually ended up selling her car.

Sorry I couldn't be more help
Original post by patelshriya
I'm starting university this September and stupidly I didn't think to double check whether I could park my car at the summit and my problem being is that I need to take my car due to multiple medical reasons & needing to travel often but also don't qualify for a blue badge. Is there anywhere near eastern boulevard that allows parking?

Hi Patelshriya, congratulations on your place with us and we look forward to seeing you in September!

As for parking close to the university, our Estates team may be able to help you. You can give them a call on 0116 250 6366.
Reply 5
Original post by DMU Enquiry Team
Hi Patelshriya, congratulations on your place with us and we look forward to seeing you in September!

As for parking close to the university, our Estates team may be able to help you. You can give them a call on 0116 250 6366.

I already contacted the estates team in which I was told that parking would be for blue badge holders or for those who are apply for a temporary blue badge, I think i'm going to take the parking at Regents court.
You could contact the Occupational Health advisory team on [email protected] or call them on 0116 207 8833 so they can assess the situation, and once they have they can contact our Estates team to assist you further with parking queries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending