The Student Room Group

My parents read my messages and I don't know how

Hi,My partner and I have been together for about four years but our relationship is still very closed and secret due to our society. My partner used to communicate with me through a fake account on Facebook so that we had minimal chances of getting caught. A few months ago my parents confronted me that they somehow knew that I was talking to this fake account (they thought it was real) and claimed to be able to see my messages on their phone. They told me that I should end whatever I'm doing now and I said I would. We no longer talk through that fake account but on our real accounts, but how they were able to read my messages then.Here are some details:- After sending every few messages I delete our conversation- Talking to my parents about it is not an option- I don't have access to my mother's phone, on which she claimed she can read my messages- My Facebook is not connected to any mobile account- I have changed passwords, 'logged out of all devices' many times- The things they knew couldn't be by accidentally leaving Facebook open because I deleted right away and am sure I wasn't logged on anywhere else.- My phone sim is under my mother's name, not mine.
If anyone has suggestions as to how they could know, please leave a response. Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,My partner and I have been together for about four years but our relationship is still very closed and secret due to our society. My partner used to communicate with me through a fake account on Facebook so that we had minimal chances of getting caught. A few months ago my parents confronted me that they somehow knew that I was talking to this fake account (they thought it was real) and claimed to be able to see my messages on their phone. They told me that I should end whatever I'm doing now and I said I would. We no longer talk through that fake account but on our real accounts, but how they were able to read my messages then.Here are some details:- After sending every few messages I delete our conversation- Talking to my parents about it is not an option- I don't have access to my mother's phone, on which she claimed she can read my messages- My Facebook is not connected to any mobile account- I have changed passwords, 'logged out of all devices' many times- The things they knew couldn't be by accidentally leaving Facebook open because I deleted right away and am sure I wasn't logged on anywhere else.- My phone sim is under my mother's name, not mine.
If anyone has suggestions as to how they could know, please leave a response. Thanks

Interesting... I don't see how they would be able to read your message from their phone if you have changed your password, and logged out from all devices. If its Facebook, do they have access to your email? Sometimes Facebook sends notifications to our email with small parts from a conversation. If they have access to your email they could have seen it from there.

The only other way I would see it if your account was hacked. However, I see no way or reason why your parents will hack your Facebook account. Have you tried other apps like whatsapp or something like that.
Maybe they keylog you?
Wow they're smart...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending