The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Are my GCSE grades good enough for Durham?

English Lit- A*
English Language- A*
French-A*
History-A*
Music-A*
Sociology-A*
Maths-A
Science-A
Additional Science-A

I really wanted all A*s, or at least 8 because I've heard that the very top universities often like at least 8 a*s (??) but I didn't revise enough at all. I want to study music at degree level, possibly combined with philosophy.
Do you think my gcse grades would be good enough providing I meet the entry requirements for my subject at A level and have a good personal statement?
Thank you!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 1717
English Lit- A*
English Language- A*
French-A*
History-A*
Music-A*
Sociology-A*
Maths-A
Science-A
Additional Science-A

I really wanted all A*s, or at least 8 because I've heard that the very top universities often like at least 8 a*s (??) but I didn't revise enough at all. I want to study music at degree level, possibly combined with philosophy.
Do you think my gcse grades would be good enough?
Thank you!

Why on earth would you think that top universities would care about having 8A* for studying music and philosophy? Your GCSEs are MORE than fine. The only courses that require that number of A*, or more, are medicine courses at a few universities.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Why on earth would you think that top universities would care about having 8A* for studying music and philosophy? Your GCSEs are MORE than fine. The only courses that require that number of A*, or more, are medicine courses at a few universities.

oh right, thanks for your feedback.
Reply 3
Original post by GradeA*UnderA

off topic but are you the youtuber or just a fan? If you're the youtuber did you go to Durham?
OP, your grades seem more than fine.
Original post by Bostima
off topic but are you the youtuber or just a fan? If you're the youtuber did you go to Durham?
OP, your grades seem more than fine.

I'm a fan; the YouTuber went to Imperial.

Quick Reply

Latest