The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Really disappointed with Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Trinculo
Are you sure it's a new condition, and not something you didn't notice earlier?

Yes I am sure, the condition was added to my offer yesterday, and they also sent me an email to notified that.
That is what I feel annoyed about, I don't have enough time.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 21
Sorry for complaining.

1, at first, they didn't have that condition at the time the conditional offer was sent to me.
2, I sent a language waive letter when I was applying to Cambridge. At that time they said yes.
3, the condition was added to my offer yesterday.

That's why I feel annoying.

I will attend the Language test provided by Cambridge Language Center.
Original post by zongzhe
Yes, I am a postgraduate student.

Yes, I know that. I was responding to the poster who said you couldn't apply to both Oxford and Cambridge as an undergraduate by making it clear that this was the postgraduate forum and hence that this does not apply to you.
Original post by zongzhe
They should put it as a condition in my offer in April, then I would have some time to prepare for it.
But they added it yesterday.

They should have put it

I agree that the condition should have been made clearer earlier on however, if you have been a student in the UK for 2 years surely your proficiency in english should be good enough to pass the test without any practice?
Reply 24
Original post by bobb99998
They should have put it

I agree that the condition should have been made clearer earlier on however, if you have been a student in the UK for 2 years surely your proficiency in english should be good enough to pass the test without any practice?

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my complaint.
I think I can pass that test, um, maybe with some preparation xddd.
It is just some unlucky things, and will postpone my CAS as well as my Visa application. That's why I was annoying about that.
Original post by zongzhe
Thanks for your reply and sorry for my complaint.
I think I can pass that test, um, maybe with some preparation xddd.
It is just some unlucky things, and will postpone my CAS as well as my Visa application. That's why I was annoying about that.

Good luck!!! It will be easy!
Reply 26
According to UKVI, if you're an international student from a non-English speaking country, you are not required to prove your language proficiency if you have completed a degree at the level of bachelor or higher in the English speaking country. So your claims are only reasonable if you have a degree from the UK university, if no, then you have to take a test to prove your language proficiency
How are they suggesting you meet the language test AND sort the visa?
Original post by Kazibar
How are they suggesting you meet the language test AND sort the visa?

Mate it was 5 years ago
fr hahaha why is this thread making a reappearance now wtf
Original post by FutureK1ng
Mate it was 5 years ago

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending