The Student Room Group

Retaking A Levels while at University

Hi there,
Well basically I study Accounting and Finance at the University of Huddersfield and I am about to begin my second year on the course. However, once I complete my second year I have a placement year which I am excited about as I have been told it can make me a more employable candidate for the future but most of the placement opportunities are asking for either 260-300 UCAS points and I have 220 UCAS points since I missed some of my exams due to personal reasons. Anyway my question is, can I retake my A Levels anywhere within West Yorkshire?
You would have to pay yourself but sure anywhere that is registered should let you do exams there
Reply 2
Original post by jordanshelley97
You would have to pay yourself but sure anywhere that is registered should let you do exams there

I am not that bothered about paying for it, but out of curiosity do you know how much it might cost per exam.
Reply 3
Original post by FoxRiver96
I am not that bothered about paying for it, but out of curiosity do you know how much it might cost per exam.

Depends on the exam board and also the center you sit the exam at. Mine was about 25 pounds-ish if I recall correctly. For external students it was more.
Hi there,
Well basically I study Accounting and Finance at the University of Huddersfield and I am about to begin my second year on the course. However, once I complete my second year I have a placement year which I am excited about as I have been told it can make me a more employable candidate for the future but most of the placement opportunities are asking for either 260-300 UCAS points and I have 220 UCAS points since I missed some of my exams due to personal reasons. Anyway my question is, can I retake my A Levels anywhere within West Yorkshire?

Out of curiosity, do you have a list of companies offering the placement year? Just wanted to look at the required ucas points for each company
Thanks
Reply 5
Well there are loads, you can check on rate my placement but of the top of my head I can name PWC, IBM, KPMG, Grant Thornton and Deloitte

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Well there are loads, you can check on rate my placement but of the top of my head I can name PWC, IBM, KPMG, Grant Thornton and Deloitte

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you happen to know, or know where I could find out, the opportunities for history students? I want to go to a Uni with good job prospects and those sound like good places, albeit finance is obviously very different from history hehe
Reply 7
As I mentioned earlier try rate my placement, if you don't mind me asking what kind of placement are you looking for

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thought most companies require 300+ ucas points :redface:
Reply 9
I thought that aswell but apparently most firms have scrapped that requirement for some reason which gives people who didn't do so well in A Levels an outside chance of applying for a job or placement.

Quick Reply

Latest