there is a difference?
Reply 2
Original post by KloppOClock
there is a difference?

The difference is Hugh Mungus
Original post by Glib
The difference is Hugh Mungus

is that sexual harassment??
a sixth form college or just a normal college?
Reply 5
Original post by amzy12345
what do you think is better sixth form or college
let me know your opinions

Sixth form is more structured than college - it is still school. There is more freedom at college - it is more like University than school. Obviously there are good and bad sixth forms and good and bad colleges but in my experience there is more support for students at sixth form. There is also more discipline and they have higher expectations for attendance. Many sixth forms expect you to attend even if you don't have lessons - as far as they are concerned full time study means just that, and even if you don't have lessons you should still be in school and studying. Your timetable is likely to be busier in sixth form than at college.

Sixth forms often prioritise A-Levels above other courses whereas colleges tend to offer a wider variety of course but don't get such good results at A-Level.

If you enjoy school and feel you would benefit from the structure, sixth form is probably for you. If you have had enough of school, feel you can trust yourself to study in a more independent way and want a lighter timetable - so you can get a part time job and study at the same time - then college is probably for you.
Reply 6
It depends on what you're like, for example with me, I can be lazy however in the right environment I can be very successful and hardworking- so sixth form was the best option for me!
I'd personally recommend sixth form because if you work hard now, you don't have to work as hard later (in life)!

if you would rather have a more 'chill' 2 years, then college is probably better!

just make sure you find a place for you and you're happy- bc at the end of the day thats all that matters!

Quick Reply

Latest