The Student Room Group

School missed remark deadline

I asked my school to apply for a remark but they missed the deadline. Can I appeal on exceptional circumstances ?
Original post by Animale
I asked my school to apply for a remark but they missed the deadline. Can I appeal on exceptional circumstances ?

Doubtful, but contact the exam board or make a complain to the school.
Its not the exam boards faul the remark was not applied for, but with the school. You have some responsibility to check and it is made. You had over a month.
Original post by Animale

No. Your exams officer will be able to confirm that this is not possible.

I'm sure it's disappointing but it isn't exceptional. Your exams office can try speaking to the examiner but I have Never heard of a successful outcome. For the benefit of anyone who reads this in the future, if you have not had the remark result back before the request deadline please double check with the exams office (not your teacher) that the request has been made.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Doubtful, but contact the exam board or make a complain to the school.
Its not the exam boards faul the remark was not applied for, but with the school. You have some responsibility to check and it is made. You had over a month.

Thank you Tigger
I submitted the form the day I got my results and I followed up with emails to the remark administrator. The subject teacher also supported the request but somehow school lost the form and there was no follow up. I only found this out on Monday which sucks as I was 6 days too late
Original post by Animale
Thank you Tigger
I submitted the form the day I got my results and I followed up with emails to the remark administrator. The subject teacher also supported the request but somehow school lost the form and there was no follow up. I only found this out on Monday which sucks as I was 6 days too late

GDunne is an exam officer. I expected no anyway, its simply a deadline and the issue lies with the school. In any event the rules change mean even fewer papsers will ahve been upgraded as they only do so in the case of genuine error. In the big scheme of things a GCSE wont matter and you should focus on your A levels. Dont worry about it.
Make a complaint to the school and if you do a resit then ask them to pay for it.

Quick Reply

Latest