The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JP0458B
Is this confirmed? Even for specific modules not certified qualifications?

Posted from TSR Mobile
which university has requested you list your module scores?

You should ask them directly what they expect you to do about a non certified freestanding module.

The initial post I answered didn't specify that you were talking about freestanding non certified modules. Those must not be included in the education section on UCAS. They can be included in your reference if a university requires that - or for Cambridge they would be listed in your saq as far as I know.
Original post by JP0458B
Is this confirmed? Even for specific modules not certified qualifications?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are deliberately hiding information requested by your university. Whether it's reported or not on UCAS, UCL (I imagine) is still asking for the information. They may then ask for evidence of that information at a later stage.

But if you lie in your application you are committing fraud. UCL could rescind any offer, or even withdraw you from the course if they accept you and later find a problem with your application.

Provide the info requested. And move on...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Not if you have an overall grade for the AS subject on your statement of results. If you have a grade you must declare it.

Original post by PQ
No

It contradicts what UCAS advise https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/entering-levels-and-levels-your-ucas-application

Read the first post in this thread.

If your AS results had an overall AS grade then they were certified.

If your results were certified then you MUST declare them.

If you DON'T declare them then your application is technically fraudulent and you could be rejected (or thrown off your course) at any point.

I did have an overall AS grade on my statement of results but my school said they don't "cash in"/certify AS grades if I took them to A2, so I'm guessing I just put my A2 grades and my 4th AS?
Original post by Ninjakam119
I did have an overall AS grade on my statement of results but my school said they don't "cash in"/certify AS grades if I took them to A2, so I'm guessing I just put my A2 grades and my 4th AS?

If you have an overall grade it's been cashed in and you declare it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sat both AS and A level Polish at a private exa centre. It's not listed on UCAS, as it's not a school/college and I didn't attend there (I only went there to sit the exams). How am I meant to put this on my UCAS form?
I'm not applying to Oxbridge or to to medicine etc, so there's no real rush, but I want to know what I should do.
You need to declare all your results so this will go in the qualifications section of your form. @PQ is that right?
Original post by alleycat393
You need to declare all your results so this will go in the qualifications section of your form. @PQ is that right?

But I didn't sit them or study for them at my school, so where should I include them? Do I have to list them under 'other'?
Original post by xx_lofsuburbia
But I didn't sit them or study for them at my school, so where should I include them? Do I have to list them under 'other'?

You need to list the exam centre as a separate place of study (are you sure it isn't listed? if you have the centre number from your exams then you might be able to find it that way). Put your attendance as part time and for only the months of the exams/results - that way it will be clear you were an external candidate). Then attach the qualifications to that place of study.
Original post by PQ
You need to list the exam centre as a separate place of study (are you sure it isn't listed? if you have the centre number from your exams then you might be able to find it that way). Put your attendance as part time and for only the months of the exams/results - that way it will be clear you were an external candidate). Then attach the qualifications to that place of study.

Thanks 😊
I typed in the centre number and it didn't come up, so I'll put it down as 'other'.
I sat exams there in two different seasons, so do I just write the dates of attendance as June 2015-June 2016?
Original post by xx_lofsuburbia
Thanks 😊
I typed in the centre number and it didn't come up, so I'll put it down as 'other'.
I sat exams there in two different seasons, so do I just write the dates of attendance as June 2015-June 2016?

I'd put them in as two different entries - one in summer 2015 and one in summer 2016.
Hi everyone,

If the subject is reformed are we meant to put the grade for AS down?

I'm doing Economics, Maths, Further Maths, Psychology. My teacher said not to put the grades for AS down for Maths and Further Maths since they're unreformed, but to put down AS grades for Economics and Psychology. Is this true? He's not even the school counsellor, ours is off sick and the deadline is so soon...

Also, he said we need to put in our own predicted grades in the education section?? What is he on about? Frankly I don't think he knows what he's talking about.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by amelienine
Hi everyone,

If the subject is reformed are we meant to put the grade for AS down?

I'm doing Economics, Maths, Further Maths, Psychology. My teacher said not to put the grades for AS down for Maths and Further Maths since they're unreformed, but to put down AS grades for Economics and Psychology. Is this true? He's not even the school counsellor, ours is off sick and the deadline is so soon...

Also, he said we need to put in our own predicted grades in the education section?? What is he on about? Frankly I don't think he knows what he's talking about.

UCAS is very clear and very simple.
You have to declare the grades of ALL of your qualifications. If you have taken unreformed or reformed AS exams and been awarded a qualification grade by the examiner they have to be included.

You have to state any subjects you are continuing to full A level with the result/grade as pending.

Your predicted grades are not entered by you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PQ
I'd put them in as two different entries - one in summer 2015 and one in summer 2016.
Thank you so much
Hi,

I am currently resitting year 13, and have retaken two of AS my further maths modules, and are planning to retake my A2 modules, Do I mention my as retakes with my complete A level and mention that I will retake A2 or do I just mention that I will be retaking A2 further maths?

Thanks
Reply 534
Hey guys ,I've sent my application through UCAS and I wonder if I should email my CIE statement of results to universities?
I failed one of my exams last year and was wondering if it is necessary to put it on my uni application? I have heard a lot of mixed responses with whether it is necessary and would like a definite answer. Any advice would be well appreciated thanks.
I believe that you are required to list all of your public examinations. I can understand why you'd want to omit this, though. I'm sure someone will know more categorically.
Was it an A Level exam?
Original post by badboyblonde69
I failed one of my exams last year and was wondering if it is necessary to put it on my uni application? I have heard a lot of mixed responses with whether it is necessary and would like a definite answer. Any advice would be well appreciated thanks.

The UCAS web site is very clear.

You must enter all your qualifications from secondary education onwards - whether you have the result (even any that were ungraded) or you're still awaiting exams and results.

If you took exams and received an overall U qualification result from the examiner you need to declare it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by badboyblonde69

Yes you do need to declare it.

The legal declaration you agree to when submitting your application specifies that you should include unsuccessful grades:
http://help.ucas.com/contract12/index.html

Latest

Trending

Trending