The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PQ
Yes you do need to declare it.

The legal declaration you agree to when submitting your application specifies that you should include unsuccessful grades:
http://help.ucas.com/contract12/index.html

and if you don't? whats the penalty and how likely are they to find out?
Original post by markova21
Was it an A Level exam?

AS exam, does that make a difference?
Original post by Reality Check
I believe that you are required to list all of your public examinations. I can understand why you'd want to omit this, though. I'm sure someone will know more categorically.

thanks, i might try calling UCAS themselves
Original post by badboyblonde69
thanks, i might try calling UCAS themselves

Put it this way - if you comply with the requirements and put it down you've got a better chance than attempting to omit it, get found out (which you undoubtedly will) and have an application rejected out of hand. Best of luck.
Huh, well I never included them on mine. Didn't seem to make a difference?
Original post by Eboracum7

i may risk it in that case, when did you apply for uni exactly? its possible they changed the rules since. thanks

expelled / declined from the course you have entered , possibly banned from that HEI for life, reported to any accrediting body / Statutory register - small chance of criminal prosecution and /or being placed on a DBS barred list.

See the first post here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4337910

That's a choice you made and a risk you took.
Your application was technically fraudulent and could have been cancelled at any time by UCAS and any uni offer withdrawn if the ommission was discovered in the checks that they routinely do.
Original post by gdunne42
That's a choice you made and a risk you took.
Your application was technically fraudulent and could have been cancelled at any time by UCAS and any uni offer withdrawn if the ommission was discovered in the checks that they routinely do.

and if found out later , dismissed from a job and struck off a professional register - as various Health professionals and Lawyers have had happen when their fraudulent mis reporting of qualifications comes to light
Original post by zippyRN
expelled / declined from the course you have entered , possibly banned from that HEI for life, reported to any accrediting body / Statutory register - small chance of criminal prosecution and /or being placed on a DBS barred list.

I work for the DBS and personally produce and manage the stats around the barred lists. I'm sorry but that is just nonsense.
Original post by gdunne42
That's a choice you made and a risk you took. Your application was technically fraudulent and could have been cancelled at any time by UCAS and any uni offer withdrawn if the ommission was discovered in the checks that they routinely do.
It's been several years since I did mine but I would have thought they're only interested in the grades you got, not the grades you didn't get. If you don't include them they're not going to be that bothered...it's not a significant thing. You don't get certificates to say you've failed a subject...
(edited 7 years ago)
I work for the DBS and personally produce and manage the stats around the barred lists. I'm sorry but that is just nonsense.

you appear to have problems with comprehension please read what was written , also are you saying fraudsters cannot be placed on a Barred list on the basis of their breach of trust ?

des[pite frauulent behaviours being a significant issue in the abuse of vulnerable person
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zippyRN

no life sentence? you're being a little extreme-worst case you're not accepted by the uni
no life sentence? you're being a little extreme-worst case you're not accepted by the uni

There are people who have been struck off professional registers for mis representation of qualifications .

hmm who do we believe someone with 2 decades of experience in DBS regulated sectors and Strategic Clinical governament management experience ( in regulated sectors as all healthcare is regulated sectors when it comes to the DBS) or a filing clerk ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zippyRN
and if found out later , dismissed from a job and struck off a professional register - as various Health professionals and Lawyers have had happen when their fraudulent mis reporting of qualifications comes to light

by the time you successfully pass your course and achieve your selected degree, why would failure to include a failed AS level result (which could have been an accident) get you fired from your job? seems a little excessive
Original post by zippyRN
you appear to have problems with comprehension please read what was written , also are you saying fraudsters cannot be placed on a Barred list on the basis of their breach of trust ?

des[pite frauulent behaviours being a significant issue in the abuse of vulnerable person

So you think not including U grades on a UCAS application equals outright fraud and can be compared to financially abusing a vulnerable adult? Wow...

No, the case would be thrown out immediately.
by the time you successfully pass your course and achieve your selected degree, why would failure to include a failed AS level result (which could have been an accident) get you fired from your job? seems a little excessive

Fraud

Breach of trust

Bringing Employer into disrepute

Bringing Profession into disrepute

Failure of repute requirement for Traffic Commissioner

Questions over your standards of personal Integrity ...
So you think not including U grades on a UCAS application equals outright fraud and can be compared to financially abusing a vulnerable adult? Wow...

No, the case would be thrown out immediately.

Unfortunately for you the HCPC, NMC , SRA among others don;t share your view ...
Original post by zippyRN
Fraud

Breach of trust

Bringing Employer into disrepute

Bringing Profession into disrepute

Failure of repute requirement for Traffic Commissioner

Questions over your standards of personal Integrity ...

but you're not necessarily lying, like Eboracum7 said it's not as if you get a certificate for a fail, so why would you include it?
Reply 559
Original post by Gary7
Hey guys ,I've sent my application through UCAS and I wonder if I should email my CIE statement of results to universities?

Not yet, no. If they want it they will ask for it. If you send it before they've asked they won't be expecting it so won't do anything with it anyway

Latest

Trending

Trending