The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
YAY got interviews with Nottingham & Cardiff!! 18/11
but on the same day so not quite sure what to do :frown:
djones44
YAY got interviews with Nottingham & Cardiff!! 18/11
but on the same day so not quite sure what to do :frown:

Your goung to have to change one of them, explaining that you have an interview with another university on the same day.

Why not go to the one who offered it 1st so there is no favouritism?
fionaflowers
depends when you sent it off
if you sent it off early, you'll get offers/rejections pretty quick
send it off in mid/late november, I wouldn't get your hopes up of getting replies by christmas

My college sent it to UCAS on Wednesday afternoon.
My ucas track says : Your application has been sent for consideration.

Does this mean its still at ucas or has it been sent from Ucas to universites?
UnitedForverAs1
My college sent it to UCAS on Wednesday afternoon.
My ucas track says : Your application has been sent for consideration.

Does this mean its still at ucas or has it been sent from Ucas to universites?

Its been sent to the unis :yep:
Loz17
Its been sent to the unis :yep:

Ill probably end up panicing in a week
Reply 45
Sent my application on the 23rd of october, got an aknoledgement from Manchester, UCLAN and also an interview at keele, not bad for a week.
Reply 46
degreeny
Sent my application on the 23rd of october, got an aknoledgement from Manchester, UCLAN and also an interview at keele, not bad for a week.

what grades have you applied with to get interviews from keele and uclan?
Reply 47
I have only got an interview for keele atm, got aknowledgements from uclan and manchester. Last year I got an A in biology, C in maths, C in chemistry, C in music, predicted ABB.
Reply 48
cousto
got a interview for reading on 18th anyone got any advice

I am in the same boat as you. I have an interview at reading on 18-11 too. I am so nervous. Don't know what to expect.
Reading interview:

They will welcome you, sign you in and group you giving you paper and name badges (in the pharmacy practise area), then they will brief you on the day, give you a tour of the faculty then group by group you will have interviews by one of the 5 ish interviewers.

One group has the tour first while the other had interviews 1st, then visa versa.

I remember this from last year :smile:
Reply 50
Loz17
Reading interview:

They will welcome you, sign you in and group you giving you paper and name badges (in the pharmacy practise area), then they will brief you on the day, give you a tour of the faculty then group by group you will have interviews by one of the 5 ish interviewers.

One group has the tour first while the other had interviews 1st, then visa versa.

I remember this from last year :smile:

any test??
do you know any Q's they may ask?
cousto
any test??
do you know any Q's they may ask?

No test.

They will ask you a few chemistry/logical/biology/pharmacy related questions, go through your PS and ask you questions on that then you have an oppotunity to ask any questions you may have.
Reply 52
Loz17
No test.

They will ask you a few chemistry/logical/biology/pharmacy related questions, go through your PS and ask you questions on that then you have an oppotunity to ask any questions you may have.

oh kool do you know i notts do one
and is their any maths Q's like working out %'s
cousto
oh kool do you know i notts do one
and is their any maths Q's like working out %'s

I had a maths question (it was more logical, but statistical), but I dont know about Notts, sorry.

There could be some simple maths questions like that, it does depend entirely on the interviewer.
Reply 54
Loz17
I had a maths question (it was more logical, but statistical), but I dont know about Notts, sorry.

There could be some simple maths questions like that, it does depend entirely on the interviewer.

oh right thanks...do you know any areas of organic chem i should really be looking at
cousto
oh right thanks...do you know any areas of organic chem i should really be looking at

As much as possible!

Thats all I can say really. I got asked about Azo dyes, and working out nucleophiles with a mechanism, but that was because they asked me what I was doing in chemistry at the time.

I'm screwed if they ask me that this year.
Reply 56
Loz17
As much as possible!

Thats all I can say really. I got asked about Azo dyes, and working out nucleophiles with a mechanism, but that was because they asked me what I was doing in chemistry at the time.

I'm screwed if they ask me that this year.

lol i'll play it safe and carry on trying to summaries ALL of the organic chem i know
cousto
lol i'll play it safe and carry on trying to summaries ALL of the organic chem i know

Haha, well done :smile:

Look here for a better idea of questions :smile:
Reply 58
degreeny
I have only got an interview for keele atm, got aknowledgements from uclan and manchester. Last year I got an A in biology, C in maths, C in chemistry, C in music, predicted ABB.

I also got an interview to keele :smile: what dates yours? btw dya know if they gonna ask us chem questions and like draw an amino acid type of thing?
does anyone know if manchester makes you do any tests or anything like that?

Latest

Trending

Trending