The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
BeanzMeanzHeinzWard
Clearly you haven't understood the economic concept that a service that costs £70 from September to June. shouldn't cost as much as one that runs from December to June and DOESN'T EVEN WORK....

Clearly you haven't understood the concept of a business can charge what it likes.... and you the consumer can choose not to pay it.

BeanzMeanzHeinzWard

Stop defending keycom they are incompetent, and haven't lowered prices to match the reduced time-frame of the service, a service that blows.

Please don't tell me what to do... Did you even report your issues to Keycom?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
nitra1000
Clearly you haven't understood the concept of a business can charge what it likes.... and you the consumer can choose not to pay it.

Please don't tell me what to do... Did you even report your issues to Keycom?

Of course i've understood the concept, I've even said i understood that customers you decide to pay or not you cretin. That does not alter the fact that the £70 is a rip-off, especially seeing as it's still £70 but for a shorter service, something you neither understand as you're too stupid, or refuse to becaue you want to defend keycom for some bizarro reason.

Ys, I have complained, as have many others, they have done absolutely nothing.

Let me know when you've understood the concept of value for money and how to apply it to this sitution.
Reply 42
BeanzMeanzHeinzWard
Of course i've understood the concept, I've even said i understood that customers you decide to pay or not you cretin.

No, no you haven't.

BeanzMeanzHeinzWard
That does not alter the fact that the £70 is a rip-off, especially seeing as it's still £70 but for a shorter service, something you neither understand as you're too stupid, or refuse to becaue you want to defend keycom for some bizarro reason.

£70 is still less than you pay for 5 months of 20mb in the commercial market (not even looking into the IPTV thing that may be kicking in soon)... and Keycom aren't locking you into a 12 month contract (thats how I read my contract anyway), which is useless for students that only live at the house for 8 months or so....

BeanzMeanzHeinzWard

Ys, I have complained, as have many others, they have done absolutely nothing.

Actually yes, yes they have.

BeanzMeanzHeinzWard

Let me know when you've understood the concept of value for money and how to apply it to this sitution.

Let me know when you can string a sentence together without resorting to childish insults. I won't be dragged down to your level, then beaten with your experience.
It's absolutely obvious in this case that 'customers' are not forced to buy Keycoms 'upgraded' (lmao) service, as with virtually any offer, that doesn't mean because something is optional it can't be a rip off

What exactly is your relationship with Keycom or this University?

It makes zero difference what you pay elsewhere for something similair - £70 in August, still £70 in December and it's hoepless - THAT'S A RIP OFF a blatant rip-off. End of story. Show me how that ISN'T a rip-offf.....

Actually no, no they haven't it still sucks. Therefore they've done all to any effect.

Let me know when you can read a sentence and understand it, and when you are competent enough to handle basic maths.
Reply 44
Bit off topic from your debate, but I didn't see any reason to start a new thread—

What's the wifi situation like on/around campus? I'm studying abroad at Leicester next semester, and I'm in the habit of taking my laptop with me and having wireless internet access in the libraries and such. Is it similar?
Reply 45
Wireless is provided by ITS on campus, from what I've seen it's fine.
Reply 46
You have to login using your CFS details but then your in and it's fine. Not all of the campus has it, but the main areas do.
Reply 47
BBC iPlayers now working (at least it was for me)
Reply 48
It is fine in JoFo too. The internet is also working fine at the moment due to the fact that half the people have gone home so it can cope with the load better. Lets see what keycom do over the holiday period to fix it.
Reply 49
Nutbolt
It is fine in JoFo too. The internet is also working fine at the moment due to the fact that half the people have gone home so it can cope with the load better. Lets see what keycom do over the holiday period to fix it.

They will be seperating the network into 3 @ OSV, which means

a) Less Load
b) If their is a hardware problem, bad packets won't be flying around everywhere.
Reply 50
Ok thanks for the info! I did wonder why they had put everything onto one big network for OSV, glad they are splitting it up again.

Also I don't mind in the slightest, however I noticed that we are wide open to the internet, someone can find your IP address (easy enough) and then connect to your computer, not sure how because surely we are going through some kind of router. I host a local area network which only people in JoFo should get, however I noticed after the upgrade that you could access it from outside the LAN. I have since shut it down because this would cause copyright infringement crap blah blah blah, but hope after the split it goes back to normal so I can start it back up. Also it makes life easier for hackers.

Latest

Trending

Trending