The Student Room Group
Reply 1
This time only, its probably better to apply next year with regard to chances of getting in because of the introduction of increased top-up fee's but in general years i'd say probably not.
I'm going to apply next year- mainly because i wasnt very sure of my A Level predictions. and also, as Wstroud said, there should be less people applying next year...
Reply 3
Well you are applying with grades in hand and some 'life experience' which unis always like so you are more likely to get in applying after you get your A-level results

You have to be a stronger-than-average-for-that-course candidate for them to consider deferred entry - especially for e.g. Oxbridge who say they will very rarely accept deferred candidates

However applying while you're in year 13 means that it's all done and dusted while you're still at school which saves on you having to keep coming back and getting a sub-standard PS and reference as you haven't been able to have them proofread and redrafted
Reply 4
Bekaboo
You have to be a stronger-than-average-for-that-course candidate for them to consider deferred entry - especially for e.g. Oxbridge who say they will very rarely accept deferred candidates

this isn't true. I think you mean they don't have as many places for deferred entry as they have limited places and want to see what next year holds, but it's certainly not rare.

Latest