The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by can.you.make.music?
My boyfriend of a year has just made my night crap
So i went to a Bonfire/fun fair at about 8pm, he called me at 8.45pm, asking questions, what you doing, who you with etc (normal for him), i told him, and said we are going home now. We called a taxi, but long story short, the taxi ended up not coming for an hour and a half. He was on the phone with me all the time, telling me i was lying, callng the taxi firm himself, shouting at me, and telling me to stay where i was for the next 2 hours until he got there. It was so embarrassing as i was crying in front of friends i've only known for 5 weeks, and he was shouting on the phone, telling me go home, walk i don't care what happens just get home NOW.(it take like, an hour to get back and is dangourous).

Anyway, he came to see me (he lives far away takes like 2.5 hours), he says i shouldn't have gone as its dark outside now, and its all my fault,telling me ''your talking to some man'' (i wasn't)

My question is, how bad is this? Am i over-reacting in thinking this is a dump-able offense? I mean he shouted called me names, just becuase the taxi was very late, and i can't tell you how embarrassing that was. He shouts alot but is trying to get his behavuoir under control.

I need some advice, i know he tries hard not to shout at me for what i think are stupid things. He kept asking me, ''what are your friends saying now? Who are they talking too?''. When he arrived he went crazy and grabbed my head/hair close to his and shouted at me and i couldn't move, and wouldn't let me go, but then went fine and admitted to everything he's done, and said he's ruined everything and i could leave him. He looked like he was going to die he was so sorry.

But i know thats not the point. I did 'kinda' leave him, but i dont know wheter to give him one more chance, and if he ever puts a finger on me again, i swear, never again.
I mean give him a chance for like, a week and if it goes back to that i swear i will leave for good, should i do this? Or just cut my losses and try to mend my poor broken heart, it really hurts :confused:

This is very much stating the obvious, but he sounds like a really horrible guy, with temper and control and violence issues. You can go wherever you want to, it is none of his business. Don't give him another chance. Dump him outright and if he tries anything funny tell him you will go to the police for assault.
Reply 141
He isn't worthy of your affection, cut the cord and be rid of him, this is something i'd expect within a couple of months of the realationship (although maybe not to that extent) but not after a year
Given the age of the thread, and the number of replies you are receiving to the original post, I am going to close this now.

However, thank you for sharing an update with us, and I am glad you are doing better now.

Latest

Trending

Trending