The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Accommodation 2012 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
I also applied for Central Village and just got put in Liberty Dock Block N. I'm really quite gutted considering I put closeness to campus as my most important factor and wanted to live in central village so badly but I guess there's nothing I can do about it now! A double bed and en-suite is still good!
(edited 11 years ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1581
Central village block B :smile: !!! room 042.1
Original post by Toshiya
I'm so jealous that the offers are coming through already... I really want to know where I'm living :frown:

Me too! :frown:
Central village block C :biggrin: Though how do you know what type of room you've got? x
Reply 1584
Original post by accomoffice

Hey accomoffice, quick question - I'm in block C at Liberty Dock, room C2.25

Does that mean I'm block C, floor 2, flat 2, room 5? Sounds sensible, just checking!
Reply 1585
Anyone in Oxley, block A? :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1586
Original post by katef94
Not what I was hoping for either! I rang up and they said that theres nothing they can do but if you're still not happy in a month or so you can try and swap!

what block are you in??

Im in block A, i really wanted en-suite in Henry Price! What block are you in? It looks SUCH a quiet dorm... do you know what the 'stereotype' is for this dorm?
Original post by shelladonia
I'm in Central Village, Block C, Flat 94.3. Very excited :smile:

I'm in C, room 101.2! :biggrin:
Reply 1588
Original post by :)J
Im in block A, i really wanted en-suite in Henry Price! What block are you in? It looks SUCH a quiet dorm... do you know what the 'stereotype' is for this dorm?

I'm in Block B - don't really know much about it, guess it just depends who you share with!!
Reply 1589
Original post by xfearless
I am! Just got my email, block B!

They didn't keep you waiting too long then!
Original post by iMe
They didn't keep you waiting too long then!

No haha, I didn't expect to get an email just yet!
Original post by katef94
I'm in block b!

Me too :biggrin: we need to set up a fb thing :biggrin:
Reply 1592
Hey guys I put Charles Morris as my first choice and really wanted to be on campus and catered, least bothered by an en suite but got into Liberty Dock block F, I'm gutted! Anything I can do? Also are the 'regular bus service to and from the uni' expensive? Thanks!
Reply 1593
Original post by battylauren001
Me too :biggrin: we need to set up a fb thing :biggrin:

Theres already a page thing that I've liked on facebook! Which room are you in?!
Original post by Livt18
Hey guys I put Charles Morris as my first choice and really wanted to be on campus and catered, least bothered by an en suite but got into Liberty Dock block F, I'm gutted! Anything I can do? Also are the 'regular bus service to and from the uni' expensive? Thanks!

Cheer up pet, you could be in Bodington. :P
EDIT: Looks like Liberty Dock is this year's Bodington. Except not falling apart.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1595
Original post by Livt18

I don't think you can really refuse the contract unless you want to find your own accommodation because they won't offer you a new one. I agree its a bit harsh to give you something far away and self-catered if you wanted the complete opposite. Maybe ring them and ask why you've been allocated there? I imagine it's just because the block is undersubscribed - I'm in Liberty Dock and it wasn't my 1st choice.
Reply 1596
Seems like most of us who got put in Liberty Dock didn't want to be there haha. On the bright side, it looks really great other than the distance!
Reply 1597
Original post by (:Becca(:
Cheer up pet, you could be in Bodington. :P
EDIT: Looks like Liberty Dock is this year's Bodington. Except not falling apart.

Haha sorry, I do realise I sound a bit ungrateful there, I think I just got my hopes up a little and it was the last thing i'd asked for, plus block F doesnt have the bonus of the double beds either :wink:
Reply 1598
Despite really wanting Central Village, I got Liberty Dock, Block D, D4.11. I'm a bit worried because it wasn't my first choice but hopefully it should be good.

Anybody got the same as me?
Liberty Dock Block J :smile:
Anyone other J's around haha?

Quick Reply

Latest