The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Accommodation 2012 Thread

Scroll to see replies

I've been out today and brought pots and pans baking tray etc for kitchen. We don't get supplied with them do with? If we do i'll just return them :smile: Oh and also what about duvet and pillows.. we take them right?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by CharlotteLCxx
I've been out today and brought pots and pans baking tray etc for kitchen. We don't get supplied with them do with?

Nope, we don't supply them.

Oh and also what about duvet and pillows.. we take them right?

Yes you do
Reply 1782
I've been out today and brought pots and pans baking tray etc for kitchen. We don't get supplied with them do with? If we do i'll just return them :smile: Oh and also what about duvet and pillows.. we take them right?

You only get supplied with stuff like that if you get the kitchen welcome pack which I think is kinda expensive for what it is so I'll be buying my own as well :tongue:

Yeah we take our own bedding =]

I really don't know how everything I want to take is going to fit in our car, I have so much stuff...
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_To_Take_To_University

This is the list.
Just 2 things I noticed :
don't bring fairy lights - they're not allowed. There's a video clip in the eIntro which will show why.
don't bring an Ethernet cable - we provide them.
Original post by antipathyx
Hmm, I'm in Central Village Block A, 014.1, I can't seem to figure out which floor I'm on?

Yay another Central Village Block A person! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by venuswaltz
Yay another Central Village Block A person! :biggrin:
I'm 012.1

I assumed that 12 was my floor and 1 was my room? No idea if that's right though.

12 is your flat number. Like in James Baillie Park, you can't tell Central Village floors by the flat number.
Original post by cw_2197
Yess! 118.6 :smile:

I'm 70.2 :smile:
Hi Accomm Office, I wondered if you'd be able to help me. I originally applied for Central Village as I'm going to be studying Medicine and it's very close by, however, I have been given Oxley, which is lovely, but completely the opposite in that it is 3 miles away from the medical building. I don't suppose there are any spare rooms left at all in Central Village are they? If not, I was wondering if in Oxley you can swap round rooms before we actually get there? ie I was hoping that my friend who is in L2.11 could move into my flat if there are any spare rooms? (my flat is E3.2) or any if we could both move into any of the other ensuite blocks in oxley together? I know it seems far-fetched but it wouldnt make living so far away than expected a bit easier as I would have someone on my course to go on the buses with and walk back to the block with too. any help would be appreicated, thanks :smile: (I will probs ring you in the office tomorrow anyway :P)
Original post by accomoffice

What about an ironing board, is that supplied?
Original post by ThisIsOurDecision
What about an ironing board, is that supplied?

Yup
Original post by Rachael2012
Hi Accomm Office, I wondered if you'd be able to help me. I originally applied for Central Village as I'm going to be studying Medicine and it's very close by, however, I have been given Oxley, which is lovely, but completely the opposite in that it is 3 miles away from the medical building. I don't suppose there are any spare rooms left at all in Central Village are they? If not, I was wondering if in Oxley you can swap round rooms before we actually get there? ie I was hoping that my friend who is in L2.11 could move into my flat if there are any spare rooms? (my flat is E3.2) or any if we could both move into any of the other ensuite blocks in oxley together? I know it seems far-fetched but it wouldnt make living so far away than expected a bit easier as I would have someone on my course to go on the buses with and walk back to the block with too. any help would be appreicated, thanks :smile: (I will probs ring you in the office tomorrow anyway :P)

Ring tomorrow. If you ask to speak to Charlotte who's working there over the summer - she's a third year medic and she was at Oxley in her first year. (hope she doesn't mind me putting her life-story on the internet :wink:)
Wooo just filled out the e-intro :dance:
Original post by accomoffice
Ring tomorrow. If you ask to speak to Charlotte who's working there over the summer - she's a third year medic and she was at Oxley in her first year. (hope she doesn't mind me putting her life-story on the internet :wink:)

that's great thanks :smile: and yes I will ask to speak to her tomorrow then.
Reply 1793
Original post by Aaaaaaaargh!

can we access the portal already then?

i can access the applicant portal but as far as i can see the eIntro is nowhere on there... am i missing it? How do you access the eIntro??
Original post by katy_laing
i can access the applicant portal but as far as i can see the eIntro is nowhere on there... am i missing it? How do you access the eIntro??

Original post by Toshiya
can we access the portal already then?

Oh sorry I didn't realise my random happy outburst would bring confusion :frown:

I'm a returning student so I already have access to Leeds Portal. I don't know when everyone else will be sent their passwords for it. Probably soon though!
Reply 1796
Oh sorry I didn't realise my random happy outburst would bring confusion :frown:

I'm a returning student so I already have access to Leeds Portal. I don't know when everyone else will be sent their passwords for it. Probably soon though!

Ahhhh okay. I think I can access it because I'm an A2L applicant but a friend mentioned earlier he couldn't get on :colondollar:
Original post by Toshiya
You only get supplied with stuff like that if you get the kitchen welcome pack which I think is kinda expensive for what it is so I'll be buying my own as well :tongue:

Yeah we take our own bedding =]

I really don't know how everything I want to take is going to fit in our car, I have so much stuff...

Same here! I'm buying this that and everything just because i have an excuse to and its all too exciting! :smile: I live only 40 mins away so i'm going to do more than one trip with my stuff i think haha! xx
Reply 1798
Same here! I'm buying this that and everything just because i have an excuse to and its all too exciting! :smile: I live only 40 mins away so i'm going to do more than one trip with my stuff i think haha! xx

Ahh so lucky, I live in Devon so I can only take one car load... and both parents are coming so there's even less room! I'm sure it'll fit... it has to haha! :colondollar:
Original post by RunLikeAFairy
Hey, don't suppose anyone else is still waiting on an email? I still don't know where my accom is!

I haven't heard either! which halls did you apply for?

Quick Reply

Latest