The Student Room Group

How to recover from a drunken night - please dont judge me! lol

Ok hopefully this is the right thread...

Monday night was my work christmas party, I'm just a few months shy of 18 and I guess in my immaturity I ended up drinking wayyyyyy too much. I ended up kissing two guys who both work where I work - one was a good friend who im really cool with so theres no awkwardness however the other one I don't know well at all but I had a good working relationship with him but I now feel it will be ruined, i also learnt the next day that he wasnt even drunk himself :confused:

To make things worst EVERYONE knows because I wasnt very discreet. Towards the very end of the night I also ended up getting a bit lairy with another fellow collegue.

I am extremely mortified to the point where i briefly considered quitting my job :o: My question is how do I recover from this? I dont really care about people gossiping about me or what they thing, my main concern is the awkwardness between me and one of the guys. Should i just carry on as if nothing happened and act normal or should i speak to him about it and apologise?

Thanks for any advice xxx
Brush it off, apologise and explain that you aren't much of a drinker usually! They'll forget about it. Just be more careful of projecting a certain image in future :p:
Reply 2
randomgirl
Brush it off, apologise and explain that you aren't much of a drinker usually! They'll forget about it. Just be more careful of projecting a certain image in future :p:

This
Reply 3
Just explain how you've never consumed so much shandy before. He'll understand.
everyone does stupid things when they are drunk :smile: don't worry about it.
everything fades with time!
Reply 5
James'
Just explain how you've never consumed so much shandy before. He'll understand.

Awesome - love it! :biggrin:
i was in the exact same position after my staff party and ended up doing a little more than kissing....not going the whole way tho!

everyone will forget when the next big scandal or piece of juicy gossip blows in through the door:yep:
its happened to every1 includin me so no worries! people will soon forget :biggrin:
Apologise and just get on with your job as normal. No one will think too badly of you, it happens to loads of people.
Reply 8
Just apologise for your behaviour and say it'll never happen again, I'm sure theyve all done something daft when on a night out, heck who hasn't?
Reply 9
Thank you so much for your advice. I feel abit better knowing that im not alone lol
Reply 10
Isn't this what office Christmas parties are for?
Everyone will have forgotten in a week. Trust me on this, I did something similar at my sixth form leavers a few years back. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending