The Student Room Group
Reply 1
justchar
What should I say and should I ask for the manager or what?? And if they say when can you work does it sound desperate if i say "all the time" ?

Is what you do is call them up and ask if they have any vaccanies, then if yes you ask for them to send an application form. Doesnt make you sound particularly desperate no.
Reply 2
you could say that you are a very flexible worker(you can work anytime they want...same thing really)

Is the job advertised, or are you just asking if theres work available?
Reply 3
just asking.
Just phone up/send in your CV. If you do phone up definately ask for the manager, as today i went into a store and asked a member of staff if they had any job vacancies/applications, and the women said no, then i went onto the second floor and thought id ask the manager who then said they did have spaces. Jst say when your willing to work e.g. part time, full time, temp etc.
Reply 5
has anyone ever got a job by ringing up or should i just go into places??
if you can write a lettter, it's much easier, plus if they don't have any vacancies they can keep your letter of request for the following 3 months etc in case any vacancies occur. If you just phone up, you might be forgottten.

Latest

Trending

Trending