The Student Room Group

PSHE (Personal, Social and Heath Education)

I spent last week in a school and luckily I was there when they had a PSHE day. AFAIK, every school promotes PSHE and the school I spent it in has 1 day dedicated to PSHE every term. The school I was in had 'fair trade day' promoting the fair trade logo and products to the students. It was an 'off timetable' day and there were various fun activities going on to raise awareness of this issue.

Basically, I just wanted to voice how good this idea is and that it really works in promoting fundamental ‘life’ issues that I think were ignored in schools during the nineties (when I was there!). Do you agree? :smile:
At my school, we had lessons that were called SPACE (Social, Personal and Careers Education) with our form tutor in Years 7-9 and then lessons that were called either PD (Personal Development) or PSE (Personal and Social Education) with various teachers in Years 10-11. They were an hour a week, but unfortunately were never taught properly and we usually ended up watching videos. Everyone just took them as the time to doss. What you described does sound like a really good idea though :smile:
Reply 2
PSHE was a frigging waste of time. The teachers just found explaining masturbation a little embarrassing. It's a good idea though, in principle.
Reply 3
riccardo
PSHE was a frigging waste of time. The teachers just found explaining masturbation a little embarrassing. It's a good idea though, in principle.

It appears things have changed for the better then. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending