The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hello Trezni,

I have the same interview! I was looking for the same answers on here.
lol
Reply 2
Hey, I didnt have an interview for ICT but have been to two different interviews and group work involved getting together with between 4-6 people and being given a topic to discuss which we then had to present to the rest of the groups. The first interview we were given a dvd to watch which we then had to discuss and then the second we were given a very vague topic. The tests we had to do were also pretty basic, GCSE level and when i had my final interview he barely made reference to them, it seemed it was just to see that you can read, write and understand things, what i wrote was of no importance. The first interview i had to write an essay which was about 2-3 pages long, i thought my hand was going to fall off as we didnt have long to write it, but again, its more about being able to form a proper essay and arguement than the content.

hope this helps
Reply 3
Thanks Redlime for advise. Doesnt seem as daunting if its a small group presenting a topic.
Reply 4
For my group interview (there were 6 of us) we took it in turns making a 5 minute presentation on a topic from the national corriculum in our subject. Mine was science and did nuclear fission/fusion. There were 2 maths guys who did application of maths in real life, a textiles girl who presented her portfolio etc. Questions followed the presentations usually about how you would get teenagers to pay attention etc.

Then we discussed, as a group, 2 articles relating to teaching that we had 30 mins to read through earlier. One was about boredom being the cause of bad behaviour and the other was from someone campaigning for teachers to get more flexibility in what they teach and how they teach it.

That was it.

We were told before that none of us were expected to be able teachers at that stage just show the potential to become teachers after the training. Also in teh group discussion they said they didnt care about what we said but they were assessing our abilty to work together and how we interacted (ie not shouting over each other etc)

So basically give a semi competant 5 min presentation and talk calmly and nicely for 20 odd mins.

This is all with the Open University and different places vary but alot of people ive spoke to who have had interviews with various instituions havbe reports very similar experiences

Hope I have been of some help

Good luck

Latest

Trending

Trending