The Student Room Group

accepted to purdue but need advices

hey guys,
i got my email today indicating that ive been accepted to the college of engineering, i also applied to the uk and 4 more unis in the states, purdue was the first one to reply, im waiting till feb for minnesota twin cities, wisconsin madison illinois and pennstate, im in the priority list for the uni in minnesota as i hurried to send stuff before the priority deadline for this uni
the ones i applied in the uk are edinurgh, nottingham, loughborough, sheffield and york,
im doing my a levels right now, tbh i aim to study in the states, im sending papers to canada aswell via ouac.

give advices about the unis i applied for are they good or not, thanks alot:smile:
Reply 1
Congrats on the acceptance! Which college in Illinois did you apply to? Both the Illinois institute of Technology and the University of Indiana at Urbana-Champaign are great engineering schools. In Canada I recommend you apply to Waterloo as it is very competitive in engineering (specializes in that area).
Reply 2
I live by Purdue, and it is commonly accepted that it is one of the top engineering schools in North America. I've also visited it, and would recommend it. PM for more information, I know quite a bit about the school.
Reply 3
aniltr
hey guys,
i got my email today indicating that ive been accepted to the college of engineering, i also applied to the uk and 4 more unis in the states, purdue was the first one to reply, im waiting till feb for minnesota twin cities, wisconsin madison illinois and pennstate, im in the priority list for the uni in minnesota as i hurried to send stuff before the priority deadline for this uni
the ones i applied in the uk are edinurgh, nottingham, loughborough, sheffield and york,
im doing my a levels right now, tbh i aim to study in the states, im sending papers to canada aswell via ouac.

give advices about the unis i applied for are they good or not, thanks alot:smile:

Congratulations and I wish you much success with your other applications!!!! :biggrin: Purdue is a very good school for engineering.
Reply 4
guys thanks alot, i applied for illinois in urbana.
i am planning to apply for waterloo, toronto, maybe queens and mcmaster.
what would you from the other unis, i would like to study in a nice environment with a good coop programme and acceptable competition.
Reply 5
aniltr
im waiting till feb for minnesota twin cities, wisconsin madison illinois and pennstate, im in the priority list for the uni in minnesota as i hurried to send stuff before the priority deadline for this uni

I vote for Minnesota, if you get in. It's as strong or stronger than the others in engineering and is considerably cheaper than any of the rest.

Minneapolis is a great area. Fun and quite liberal. Like the others, it'll be very cold compared to the Mediterranean, though.
Reply 6
yup tbh minnesota was my top choice, its right next to canada, i can visit my friend in mcgill and waterloo plus a friend of mine also applied to this uni. Im really happy that the tuition fee is less than my international high school :biggrin: plus as you said its in minneapolis, looks like a great city, i stayed in libya ive seen 120 degrees here :biggrin:
i received an email from them a week ago confirming that my documents and other requiered papers were received prior to the priority deadline woop.
well it looks pretty cold now but i also lived in a cold place in Turkey aswell so i can resist both heat and cold.
have a great day
Reply 7
heey. I got accepted to Purdue as well and am gonna go there for this fall. well purdue's really good for engineering so I think Purdue's a good choice. and many job seekers consider purdue an ivy league
Your Boss
heey. I got accepted to Purdue as well and am gonna go there for this fall. well purdue's really good for engineering so I think Purdue's a good choice. and many job seekers consider purdue an ivy league

They consider Purdue to be an athletic conference? That's a bit ridiculous. :wink:
Reply 9
I'm gonna throw out here that The Big Ten conference probably has similar name recognition to the Ivy League, albeit for different reasons.
SaintSaens
I'm gonna throw out here that The Big Ten conference probably has similar name recognition to the Ivy League, albeit for different reasons.

It's nowhere similar on an international level (not trying to be snotty at all, just v. few people in Iceland, for instance, will have heard anything about the University of Iowa). Arguably similar on a national level, if we're just considering 'name recognition'.

Latest

Trending

Trending