The Student Room Group

Think ive failed my 1st year & need help!

ok so i handed in 2 essays both of which i failed due 2 personal reasons..i submitted mitigation for both but it was rejected. the essay were allowed 2 be re-done as a second submission but i had verry little help & im really paranoided that ive failed.

im doing the diploma(I do not have any A-leavals only as's) will the nhs want the full bursary back if i fail?

can i re-do my 1st year?

is it best for me 2 transfer 2 a diffrent uni all togeather?
when did you start? september?

I'd wait for your second submission to come back first, if you've still failed contact your personal tutor and module leader for a meeting over what to do next. The way this is handled is different from university to university, so i also advise you read your course handbook and any info possibly given on the moduke. Was there an explanation as to why you failed your essays or any feedback when you recieved them back?

The NHS won't ask for the bursary back, and the university MAY ask you to re-do the year or offer it as an option, however again this is dependant on many things. Finally, I don't think it's a good idea to ask for a transfer, no offence but why would another uni want to take a student who's failed 2 essays on 2 submissions?

You could always drop out and reapply another time however, maybe the time for you to do nursing simply isn't the right time for you? Maybe getting some more academic experience, such as finishing of your a-levels, or maybe doing an acsess could help? This is a last solution though.

Latest