The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
1st time it was on my parellel parking :/
2nd it was reversing around a corner too wide
3rd time i passed with 4 minors :smile: :yep:

ive only had three bumps in 8 months :wink:
only one was my fault :rolleyes:
1st time: messed up my parallel parking so badly the examiner had to direct me out. That was 10 minutes in, and he made me do the entire rest of the test despite me asking to go back to the test centre. I said "I know I've failed now, can we go back please?", he said "You never know. And no, carry on please.". Douchebag.

2nd time: Wasn't far enough to the right at the junction leading into the test centre on the way back. I had one minor apart from that, grr.

3rd time: I was a bit wide on my reverse round the corner. It was unusually sharp and the examiner even said if I'd been two inches nearer the kerb I would have passed.

4th time I passed. Practise makes perfect eh?
Reply 22
The first was a bit of a nightmare, haha..I stalled twice at a junction on the edge of a steep hill and got so nervous that my left foot wouldn't stop shaking. I got failed for going into junctions too fast, but the examiner's voice was so quiet that I couldn't hear his directions!

Second time was much more fun though, mainly because I passed. :smile:
First time I failed for failing to indicate as I went round a roundabout with traffic lights on. Those bigs ones you get under motorways.

Second time I didn't realise I was still in a 20 zone and accelerated to 30.

Third time lucky.
Reply 24
Reversing round a corner, hit the curb! He let me try again but i hit the curb again! Other than that i did pretty well, got about 3 minors. Havent tried again since, but i will at some point in the future :smile:
Reply 25
I think the question here would be: what didn't I fail my test for? lol My first test was really bad. I almost hit the a bush, almost didn't stop at a meeting situation and had to correct my bay park too many times. let's just put it down to nerves :smile: Passed second time with 5 minors.
Reply 26
pigwigeon
1st time: messed up my parallel parking so badly the examiner had to direct me out. That was 10 minutes in, and he made me do the entire rest of the test despite me asking to go back to the test centre. I said "I know I've failed now, can we go back please?", he said "You never know. And no, carry on please.". Douchebag.

A similar thing happened to me! At the start of my test, I almost hit a bush when leaving the bay. I told the examiner that I knew I'd failed and that there wouldn't be much point in carrying on with the test. He told me to carry on driving. Then at the end of the test, he proceeds to tell me I failed at the start, regardless of any errors I made after that.
I passed second time!

1st time I was coming off a roundabout where a car was parked just off it I didnt see and swereved out the way off it and failed:frown:
Reply 28
failed my first test by hitting a kerb on a country road when going round the bend....i basically came in too fast and i ended up braking and turning too quick, so it was an automatic fail.

i passed the next one though :biggrin:
i dident

Spoiler

Reply 30
1st - Pulled out in front of someone at a mini roundabout so failed even though i got no minors.

2nd - pulled out in front of someone again,tried to do a hill start in neutral and waited for a green arrow to come on at traffic lights even though i could have gone

3rd - Drove at 40 in a 20 zone lol

4th - PASSED :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Been driving for almost 5 months now and completly love it and getting better every day.
I left my indicator on after a turn (it didn't turn off automatically). I thought I'd passed so pretty annoying moment when she said I'd failed.
Reply 32
passed 1st time :biggrin: but the instructor fell asleep during the test so i think it was more of an i pass you and you keep your mouth shut kinda thing.
Reply 33
1st: Changing lanes and pulled out in front of someone; wrong lane at a roundabout.
2nd: Driving too close to parked cars; didn't give way at a junction.
3rd: Almost crossing double white lines before realising that I was in the correct lane after all; made some other car slow down at a roundabout; didn't change into the left lane soon enough.
4th: Ran a red light, came off a roundabout in the wrong lane.
5th: WIN
1 - 17 minors, pulled out at a junction when something was coming and gave way to the left on a roundabout during a moment of madness

2 - 4 minors, went into first gear coming off a 70mph dual carriageway and came in too quickly on an overtake

3 - PASSED with 13 minors:biggrin:

I hold the record amongst my friends and driving instructor for getting the most minors in a test :biggrin:
Reply 35
sweeter than a cherry pie
So, I have my first driving test next Tuesday at 2pm, and was just idly wondering what you good people failed yours for, if indeed you failed at all. Hopefully I will join the ranks of the first-time-passers, but we'll see. :smile: My instructor tells me that I make a different error every lesson, so I have no idea what might go wrong on the day. :p:

Goodluck :smile:
I passed my driving test 2nd time but from first lesson to 2nd test i did in 2 months :biggrin: so im happy on that lol.

I failed my first test because i drove at 40mph until i got to the 30mph signs rather then slowing down and going through them at 30mph. My bad... i was never tought this lol guess its common sense really though, oh well :smile: Because i did this more then 4 times, i failed for speeding (bit of a lame fail)
Passed my 2nd test on 2 minors (forgot to put car back in gear 1 on hill starts lol, twice) :P

Best of luck!
Reply 36
AshleighH
1st time it was on my parellel parking :/
2nd it was reversing around a corner too wide
3rd time i passed with 4 minors :smile: :yep:

ive only had three bumps in 8 months :wink:
only one was my fault :rolleyes:

lol... women drivers :P
Smashing into a bus.
1st - Didn't see a mini-roundabout and I drove straight over it.

2nd - Stalled at the traffic lights with quite a large que behind me.

3rd - Absolutely perfect, right until we got back to the test center. I was too slow on the foot brake when pulling back into the bay and I drove into a post.

4th - Who knows? It's booked for next month but I'm hoping to pass. 4th time lucky and all.
Reply 39
First time was for observation at a roundabout (I went when I shouldn't have done, apparently) and hitting the kerb during my turn in the road.

Second time was for observation as I left the test centre (didn't check far enough to the right before pulling out. The road bends a bit weirdly so you have to look right round.)

I passed third time (despite convincing myself otherwise during the test.)

Latest

Trending

Trending