The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good luck, and big hugs to people receiving decisions about now... :smile:

D xxx
Reply 2
at least yours send you rejections lol I'm not naming any firms.
Reply 3
fair enough.

this is my first year of applying and im expecting a tide of rejections, so this thread could make for increasingly depressing reading.
Reply 4
ps. thanks dreama.
Reply 5
viviki
at least yours send you rejections lol I'm not naming any firms.

What do yours send you? A big dancing clown? :biggrin:
Reply 6
Nothing :frown:

You don't know whether they don't want you or are just tardy with picking people until its been a while then you get the hint.

I also hate the rejections that state they give no feedback. I've even tried ringing up figuring I've got nothing to lose but they don't give out any info.
Reply 7
i tried calling to get some kind of clue as to what exactly they were looking for that i didn't have, but they didn't answer, they just kept transferring me. i suppose they're really busy at the moment, so it's to be expected. i'm pretty stoical about all this.
Reply 8
I can't wait for mine to start coming through, lol. Nevermind, I've accepted I'm not going to be starting a TC in 2007, so 2008 it is (hopefully!)
Reply 9
Viviki - What will you be doing this year then? :smile:

Murakami - Was that the firm you had your heart set on? How many others are you waiting for?

UCL Law - Why not 2007? :frown:

Dreama xxxx
Reply 10
LPC my dear cos I'm after a small firm I'm doing it without a tc lined up. Some small firms are still recruiting for 2005 now and 2006 well into next year so if i don't get anything I've applied for I have all year to get sorted and I don't mind paralegalling next year if needs be.
Reply 11
i sent off 11 applications but im not going to mention any of them until i get rejected from them!
Reply 12
Viviki - ^ Sorted! I wish you luck :smile: (Sorry if I'm nosey, but post-Law degree action interests me.. I like seeing what everyone's up to :wink:)

murakami
i sent off 11 applications but im not going to mention any of them until i get rejected from them!

How many are you allowed to apply to?

D xxx
Reply 13
no worries, im the same. it feels like TCs are all ive thought about for so long that even rejections are progressive in some ways. at least thats one less firm i have to talk about.
Reply 14
As many as you like but its best to target just a few. I've sent out alot of tailored cvs and covering letters to prospective small firms but these things take time. i did about 10 big applications last year and numerous vacation applications and only got a reply back from 4. Its quite cutthroat with the big firms because all are recruiting 2 yrs in advance and some are even recruiting 3.
Reply 15
*3* years? :frown:
Reply 16
you can apply to as many as you like, but i work full-time so only had time to apply to the firms that actually interest me. thats why ill probably have to go through the whole process again next year.
Reply 17
Dreama
*3* years? :frown:

Yup theres only couple that I've seen taht are 3 yrs but almost all the biggies are 2 yrs so you need to be applying for tcs in your second year and be doing work exp that summer. The smaller firms aren't always so far in advance because they don't have the same demands every year.
Reply 18
I'm not gonna be 2007 because my TC applications didn't go very well, and I didn't secure any vac schemes. Will be applying for vac schemes again this chrimbo. Oh this law lark aint half fun!
Reply 19
Oh, I'm sorry :frown:

I'm sure you'll secure one this time round, it seems stamina is an essential quality needed to enter this profession. I wish you luck for the future :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending