The Student Room Group

I bloody hate working at McDonald's.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
DarkWhite
Excuse me?

You said "in all honesty" then I meant I rather you lied to me lol.
Reply 21
xelarose
I was in there getting breakfast for me and some friends last week actually, and they were understaffed badly. One poor, really stressed out girl was dealing with about ten angry customers at once on her own and she looked as if she was about to burst into tears! I felt so bad for her. To make things worse, some bald headed, podgy lunatic walked in and demanded that his food be made quicker and I quote "this has happened to me twice in a week now!". I was just left there thinking - How many times a week do you eat McDonalds breakfast? :s-smilie:

I have to do all the chicken side on my own, we are seriously understaffed and so theyy give me a free vanilla milkshake at the end of my shift as like compensation. I want the other guy's wages as well not some ****** milkshake.
Maturity
Thanks I can't do Pizza hut or ASK but I can try Pizza Express :smile:.

Even if they dont have any current vacancies, make sure you have a CV with you. Shows a bit of enthusiasm and you'd be suprised at the staff turnaround at these places. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 23
Maturity
I have to do all the chicken side on my own, we are seriously understaffed and so theyy give me a free vanilla milkshake at the end of my shift as like compensation. I want the other guy's wages as well not some ****** milkshake.

Thats nothing mate, try doing a close on your own because some dick head called in sick.
Reply 24
KNOB-head
Thats nothing mate, try doing a close on your own because some dick head called in sick.

Holy God.
That will take you forever?
You might as well had stay open.
Reply 25
lookitsdanhunt
Even if they dont have any current vacancies, make sure you have a CV with you. Shows a bit of enthusiasm and you'd be suprised at the staff turnaround at these places. Good luck! :smile:

They just put them in the bin though?
Seriously some people here need to grow up, stop moaning and enter the real world. You, with some useless GCSEs, should feel thankful to get a job in this current economy. If you can't handle the work like most of other workers there can, then quit the job. I'm sure thousand people out there would be very happy to have your place.
And before you saying anything, I've been working for mcodnald's for nearly a year.
Reply 27
burger king or kfc?
Maturity
You said "in all honesty" then I meant I rather you lied to me lol.

Oh right, I thought you were trying to say I was lying to you lol.

Really, I know it's a bitch, and it's a pain in the hole, but from an employer's point of view, older people are generally either more experienced or have more qualifications, so they only choose young 'uns to save cash.

B&Q pay everybody the same wage.

Food places where you actually serve to the table usually pay well because of the tips. Bar work is similar, but you'll have to wait until you're 18 for that.

Apart from that, it's freelance work (web design, coding, photography) or sticking with what you've got.
Reply 29
have you tried department stores, like John Lewis? (though they usually take on a lot of temps nearing holiday times). Also try local places, i was lucky..handed in my CV and after a month local pharmacy asked for me to take a job, with a pretty good wage!
Reply 30
I work at mcdonalds a swell its been 13 months, i hate the job **** pay work u like mad, and always complainging their labour is too high u have 2 go home not enough money etc... arghhh. So at the end of the day my hours are cut alot. But i'm such a good worker mastered eveyrone on the store can close every part in the store so im able to be moved around. The people i work with ar egreat so much good freinds i;ve made there, love working and seeing them when i'm working, however there are idiots there which i constantly argue with. Planning to leave in June apparently they want me as a manager, oh well my holiday and uni si much more important than a **** job. At the end of the day i;ve saved alot of money from there and its helps me so much dont have 2 ask or borrow money, money is always in my account to supply me for months. Mcdonalds hire anyone, pisses me off where u get people that can't even speak english and their cussing you in their ******* banglaseshi language and ur just there syaing wtf? And i hate it when they complain arghh your tooo slow, err come in my position and lets see you handle it. I aint gunna pressure myself, i can do as much as i am able to do. Stupidly enough, the sotre manager makes me work in kitchen when he clearly knows I have a medical condition NOT to work in heat, with a medical not signed by the doctor, and yet evry week at least once of the 2days im working in kitchen, its times like that wihich piss me off but i cant be bothered to argue, at the end of the day their breaching my human rights and soon i will disagree to work in that **** kitchen.
Workers expected to work for pay? Tell me it isn't so!
Unskilled 17 year old finds that working for McDonald's is harder than he thought? Shocking news there.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Everyone works and employers expect something for the wages. McDonald's isn't hard work. They might work you hard, but that is to be expected. They are not a charity and I doubt you'll find anyone willing to pay you to doss about.
Maturity
I need a job.
I am 17.
I want part time.
Need some ideas.
Would like to work at Tesco but it is just too competitive.

Tesco is too competitive?
H&M :smile: £5.95 - and i'm 17.
Maturity
They just put them in the bin though?

We never used to at ASK. Unless it was a **** CV
Reply 35
Right that is it.
I am getting a good CV made up with the help of the ole TSR people.
Then going to every bloody store there is and collecting as many application forms I can also.
McDonald's has to be the ******** job around.
Reply 36
Max Hinks
H&M :smile: £5.95 - and i'm 17.

You lucky ****. lol
Reply 37
Maturity
Right that is it.
I am getting a good CV made up with the help of the ole TSR people.
Then going to every bloody store there is and collecting as many application forms I can also.
McDonald's has to be the ******** job around.

God yes, I agree... I hated McDs. Worst job ever.
Reply 38
Mazzia
God yes, I agree... I hated McDs. Worst job ever.

What is your job now?
Reply 39
Maturity
It is a horrible job isn't it?
The people are shi*.
They work you until your arse drops.
They shout at you for being a bit slow.
Slave labour.

they give you a caution for putting too many chips into the cartons :nothing:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending