The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
nurse207
presentations sound fun.:smile: are the assignments longer than 2500 words?:confused: Thats what were doing at the moment. Im at salford.

Yeah the presentation is cool because it's for public health so we can pick anything to do it on!

I haven't had one over 2000 words yet so your uni is mean :p:

Are you enjoying it so far?
Reply 41
hay.hay
Yeah the presentation is cool because it's for public health so we can pick anything to do it on!

I haven't had one over 2000 words yet so your uni is mean :p:

Are you enjoying it so far?

I dont like the assignments. I love placement. i prefer the longer assignments. more of a chance of hitting all the marks. we had a 1000 word one, the one i failed, and i didnt have enough words to explain properly. are you at liverpool?

I dont really enjoy theory at all. id prefer to be on placement. we had some interesting biology lectures though.

How about you?
Reply 42
nurse207
I dont like the assignments. I love placement. i prefer the longer assignments. more of a chance of hitting all the marks. we had a 1000 word one, the one i failed, and i didnt have enough words to explain properly. are you at liverpool?

I dont really enjoy theory at all. id prefer to be on placement. we had some interesting biology lectures though.

How about you?

Yep, I'm at Liverpool :smile:

I love it! I love uni time but I get a bit fed up with some of the lectures sometimes. Some of them I just sit there and wonder why we need to be doing it. Especially in first year! It was like having lectures teaching you common sense! The assignments I have at the moment I'm ok with, but they haven't been my favourite part! I'm awful at organising myself to do them :rolleyes:

Placements are hit and miss but my last one was amazing so can't complain! Are there any placements you really want or are dreading?
Reply 43
hay.hay
Yep, I'm at Liverpool :smile:

I love it! I love uni time but I get a bit fed up with some of the lectures sometimes. Some of them I just sit there and wonder why we need to be doing it. Especially in first year! It was like having lectures teaching you common sense! The assignments I have at the moment I'm ok with, but they haven't been my favourite part! I'm awful at organising myself to do them :rolleyes:

Placements are hit and miss but my last one was amazing so can't complain! Are there any placements you really want or are dreading?

those were exactly my thoughts. so far so good with placements. i dont want prison or dementia placements.
Reply 44
nurse207
those were exactly my thoughts. so far so good with placements. i dont want prison or dementia placements.

One of my favourite patients I've looked after had dementia so you may be suprised :smile:

Saying that, my grandad has it and he was a nightmare when he was in hospital :p:
Reply 45
hay.hay
One of my favourite patients I've looked after had dementia so you may be suprised :smile:

Saying that, my grandad has it and he was a nightmare when he was in hospital :p:

its just the cleaning up part that i dont want to do. one of the nurses in my group said she had to do it three times in one shift. Its a bit disgusting thats all.

im sure the patients are lovely.
Reply 46
nurse207
its just the cleaning up part that i dont want to do. one of the nurses in my group said she had to do it three times in one shift. Its a bit disgusting thats all.

im sure the patients are lovely.

lol Just hope you never get stuck on a ward that has C-Diff.

It's just horrible.
Reply 47
hay.hay
lol Just hope you never get stuck on a ward that has C-Diff.

It's just horrible.

what branch are you doing?
nurse207
Why didnt you just say that in the first place? :s-smilie:

Thats a nicer response.

because she likes to wind people up and put them down (what a great nurse she will be with this attitude :rolleyes: ). dont listen to her. no matter what grade you get, what your goals are, what course you are on, what colour hair you have she will "know" a better way to do it. she seems to have some real insecurity about nuring thats why she feels the need to protect it all the time (she wouldnt bother otherwise). and a one track mind that never considers a bigger picture or personal circumstanses (again a great attitude for a nurse).
according to her adult nursing at her uni in her year is the best out of all the courses but she has never done metal health nursing so she has no clue about the difficulties mental health nurses face.

being a good nurse is not about getting the highest grades. i know when i was in hospital as a patient and working as a HCA it was irrelivant to my care/work weather the nurse treating me had graduated top of her class.

you know what.... so what you had to retake an assignment big deal. the mature thing to do about it is to accept it, learn from it and take resonsibility for it. all of which will make you a better nurse/ health professional, giving up after failing first time is not a good trate to have ( as subcuteneous suggests) in the nhs. thing go wrong all the time it is the way that you deal with it that raises you above the rest.

in my first degree there where many people who failed assignment and exams (i myself did) but after retaking it had no effect on my final grade and definitly had no effect on my job pospects (i got offered a job for after i graduate while i was in 3rd year). many people in my year who struggled in the first year absolutally blossemed in 2nd and third year so what subcutaneous says is rubbish. failing 1 assignment in first year have little reflection on your future. you are still finding your feet. that does not mean you should accept the failiur but it is not some thing that will distroy your career.

you are capable of doing this course and capable of a good grade. just believe in yourself and be realistic and you will do just fine.
Reply 49
I wasnt listening to her tbh. thats why i was arguing. im beginning to understand she has a reputation on tsr. Hows the whole doctor thing going? when are you applying?
nurse207
I wasnt listening to her tbh. thats why i was arguing. im beginning to understand she has a reputation on tsr. Hows the whole doctor thing going? when are you applying?

apparently it offends people when i talk about it on trs so i have to be careful what i say. but i am sure you know what i mean :wink:.
basically i have to see if i am allowed to do chem Alevel at my local college if i cant then i will be applying to nursing.
(just writting that makes me feel like i am braking a trs law - but lets face it you cant do right for trying on this site)
if i can do chem (even though it looks unlikely) then i will apply to medicine.
Reply 51
ballerinabetty
apparently it offends people when i talk about it on trs so i have to be careful what i say. but i am sure you know what i mean :wink:.
basically i have to see if i am allowed to do chem Alevel at my local college if i cant then i will be applying to nursing.
(just writting that makes me feel like i am braking a trs law - but lets face it you cant do right for trying on this site)
if i can do chem (even though it looks unlikely) then i will apply to medicine.

cool. AS chem is easy. but ive heard it gets hard at A2. so youre applying for the five year programme? i thought you were already doing nursing :confused:
nurse 207 - see pm.
Reply 53
ballerinabetty
because she likes to wind people up and put them down (what a great nurse she will be with this attitude :rolleyes: ). dont listen to her. no matter what grade you get, what your goals are, what course you are on, what colour hair you have she will "know" a better way to do it. she seems to have some real insecurity about nuring thats why she feels the need to protect it all the time (she wouldnt bother otherwise). and a one track mind that never considers a bigger picture or personal circumstanses (again a great attitude for a nurse).
according to her adult nursing at her uni in her year is the best out of all the courses but she has never done metal health nursing so she has no clue about the difficulties mental health nurses face.

You just summed up everything I'd been thinking!! I'm always looking on the nursing threads and I feel like all I do is go over her posts and saying a different side! The 'I'm further in my nursing than you' can't be used with me though :rolleyes:

EDIT: Someone pointed out that this comes across very bitchy so I would like to point out that I am agreeing with the fact that Subcut has been putting people down a lot on here recently and that she seems very protective about nursing, not that I think she doesn't have the qualities to be a good nurse.
hay.hay
You just summed up everything I'd been thinking!! I'm always looking on the nursing threads and I feel like all I do is go over her posts and saying a different side! The 'I'm further in my nursing than you' can't be used with me though :rolleyes:

yes but this means very little. in her posts she appears to have little understanding of personal circumstases and is unable to look at the bigger picture, which shows she still has quite a bit to learn. i could say that i have more resourses than her (and so know more than her) because my mother works as a nurse and teaches nursing degree students at a uni but i dont because i know that i have not been to all unis and i do not understand everyones personal life. even though my mother has a thousand times more knowlege about nursing and the course then subcut i never claim to know what is best for people.
i think she is a nasty piece of work who is just out to put everyone down in order to make herself look better when in fact it only make her seem like a bitch.

subcutaneous - sorry but this is the way you come across on this site. maybe you are a good nurse or a nice person but there is never any evidence of that when you post here. you never support your nursing students and applicants on this site, even the ones who really wanna be nurses. you could end up working with them one day of they could end up treating you, so dont be so quick to judge.
Reply 55
ballerinabetty
yes but this means very little.

I'm sure she has the best intentions really and thinks she's giving good advice though :smile: Hopefully she just doesn't realise she comes across unfriendly and a bit up herself...
hay.hay
I'm sure she has the best intentions really and thinks she's giving good advice though :smile: Hopefully she just doesn't realise she comes across unfriendly and a bit up herself...

maybe, i just think that she could be a bit more understanding and not so awful to people. its a shame because she is obviously bright and she could be a really helpful member of the forum if she didnt spend her time being so unkind. maybe its a tough love thing.
Is this 'Let's hate Sub' week?

I think that if you want to shred someone's character it would be far more appropriate to do it in private rather than bitching on a public forum. I can assure you that neither of you come out smelling of roses nor do you look clever. Just two snidey cows who lack the discretion to bitch in private.
Reply 58
puddlejumper
Is this 'Let's hate Sub' week?

I think that if you want to shred someone's character it would be far more appropriate to do it in private rather than bitching on a public forum. I can assure you that neither of you come out smelling of roses nor do you look clever. Just two snidey cows who lack the discretion to bitch in private.

Excuse me but the last thing I said was that I'm sure she has the best intentions and feels she is giving good advice and probably doesn't realise she is coming across as being nasty. That's not exactly being a bitch.

I'm sorry if i agreed with someone for saying that someone else likes putting people down, but it is true. I never ripped into her character at all, in fact i just defended it by saying I didn't think she meant to come across nastily.
hay.hay
Excuse me but the last thing I said was that I'm sure she has the best intentions and feels she is giving good advice and probably doesn't realise she is coming across as being nasty. That's not exactly being a bitch.

I'm sorry if i agreed with someone for saying that someone else likes putting people down, but it is true. I never ripped into her character at all, in fact i just defended it by saying I didn't think she meant to come across nastily.

I suggest that you reread the relevant posts. Agreeing with someone when they do a character assassination on another person does not mean that your hands are clean. You are behaving just as badly.

And I'm curious about the content of the pm. Did she pre-arrange with you to be spiteful cows and vent at Sub?

Latest