The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 1
Danietta
Hey,
This is going to seem like an odd question, but...
Does anyone know what the local supermarket is at De Montfort University?

Just figuring out how much I need to budget for food, for example, an asda is cheaper than sainsburys :smile:

Thank you x

I think the closest one is Morrisons although there is an ASDA a few miles away as well :smile:
Which campus are you at?
x
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Morrisons is closest, but it's still about 15-20 mins walk from the main campus - it's best to go with others and get a taxi from Club taxis, as in the day time they fix their prices at £3.50 so you can get there and back for just over £1 each if you have 5 people. But if you do that then you may as well go to Asda as they are even cheaper still.
Reply 3
BJCMDTGB
I think the closest one is Morrisons although there is an ASDA a few miles away as well :smile:
Which campus are you at?
x

Ah thank you :smile:
It's not definate yet, but I'm favouring Victoria Halls.
Where are you going / at?
Reply 4
ChunkymunkyDJC
Morrisons is closest, but it's still about 15-20 mins walk from the main campus - it's best to go with others and get a taxi from Club taxis, as in the day time they fix their prices at £3.50 so you can get there and back for just over £1 each if you have 5 people. But if you do that then you may as well go to Asda as they are even cheaper still.

Ah what a good idea!
I'll remember that :smile:
Cheers.
Danietta
Hey,
This is going to seem like an odd question, but...
Does anyone know what the local supermarket is at De Montfort University?

Just figuring out how much I need to budget for food, for example, an asda is cheaper than sainsburys :smile:

Thank you x

In the city centre (a 10-20 minute walk away from the campus) there are couple of supermarkets such as Iceland, Somerfield, Tesco Express.

Next to the campus there is a small Sainsburies Express which is expensive. They are currently building a Tesco right next to it, oh the irony!

Finally on-site there is a Spar and Nats which are even more expensive than the Sainsburuys Express near the campus.

Hope that helped you.

+ Don't worry about budgeting if you haven't started yet :yes:
If you want to save money either live a 'student life' of pasta and vegetables or buy lots of reduced goods from the supermarket and freeze it to use another day.
Reply 6
imoneofthem
In the city centre (a 10-20 minute walk away from the campus) there are couple of supermarkets such as Iceland, Somerfield, Tesco Express.

Next to the campus there is a small Sainsburies Express which is expensive. They are currently building a Tesco right next to it, oh the irony!

Finally on-site there is a Spar and Nats which are even more expensive than the Sainsburuys Express near the campus.

Hope that helped you.

+ Don't worry about budgeting if you haven't started yet :yes:
If you want to save money either live a 'student life' of pasta and vegetables or buy lots of reduced goods from the supermarket and freeze it to use another day.

Ah perfect, thank you!
Yeh, I've kinda got a rough idea of budget at the moment.
I'm looking to more the buying stuff so I can make a whole lot and freeze it, like chilli con carne. And good ol' pasta :biggrin:

Thanks again :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending