The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You seem to fancy quite alot of stuff mate :biggrin:. Problem is both reasearchers and archaeologists spend alot of time (90% sitting at a desk in an office) and I have a feeling that just would not suite you.
*Sweet Symphony
:biggrin: :biggrin: Hehehe, thats actually really funny, thats kinda how I thought it to be, like Brian O'Conner's role in 'Fast and Furious'; road chases, and spying on people... :biggrin: That would be awesome, but I can't do a degree in a language, I'm only very fluent in English and the other language isn't my strongest point either... how can I study something like spanish or italian in Uni if I don't speak a word of it? Would they even let me on the course? :frown: The only perfectly fluent foreign language I know is elven language...Haha, I'm kidding! :p: Can be a spy without studing a language? Would English count as a language? What about a spy who goes and spies on other goverments and military? Sherlock holmes had a cool job! :biggrin:

Hey Sweet Symphony have you ever thought about this - if you study hard now in a subject like anthropology, you can have fun later actually going to those countries, meeting those people, and doing your field work (as this is what you suggested you'd like). Life is tough you know, generally if you want to have fun later on you're going to have to work pretty hard now. If you want to be rich and be able to blow your money on whatever the hell you want, that doesn't come from slacking off at uni.

You can work for MI5 without knowing a language, just thought that would be the easiest and funnest 'academic' degree which would put you in a position to work as a spy. But you know, there aren't really that many 'academic' degrees which don't require work... you can have fun at uni and work you know, it doesn't have to come through your degree.

Alternatively I'm sure you could become Sherlock Holmes.
The Ace is Back
Hey Sweet Symphony have you ever thought about this - if you study hard now in a subject like anthropology, you can have fun later actually going to those countries, meeting those people, and doing your field work (as this is what you suggested you'd like). Life is tough you know, generally if you want to have fun later on you're going to have to work pretty hard now. If you want to be rich and be able to blow your money on whatever the hell you want, that doesn't come from slacking off at uni.

You can work for MI5 without knowing a language, just thought that would be the easiest and funnest 'academic' degree which would put you in a position to work as a spy. But you know, there aren't really that many 'academic' degrees which don't require work... you can have fun at uni and work you know, it doesn't have to come through your degree.

Alternatively I'm sure you could become Sherlock Holmes.

I see..... the problem is that I only put in hard work in subjects I'm very passionate about and enjoy. I'm just a moderately talented slacker, so I got away with it in GCSE's but not for AS year. This is because I don't study something I really like! I want to find a subject I'd like so then I know I would be able to sit for hours learning about it! I'm thinking about working as a spy for M15 if they don't ask for too much, and I'm certainly doing English Lit combined degree.. I'm going to read around and find an alternative subject I'm interested in if M15 doesn't work... Anyway, Congratulations for your gsce results - 10 A*'s - now that the work of Einstein! :top: I bet you got the same too Matthew, well done! :top:
Reply 43
You seem to want to do everything! :biggrin:

I could only ever put any effort into things I enjoyed as well. Instead of trying to think of something you could do, find something you love doing and think of a way to get paid for it... worked for me!
Zurich
You seem to want to do everything! :biggrin:

I could only ever put any effort into things I enjoyed as well. Instead of trying to think of something you could do, find something you love doing and think of a way to get paid for it... worked for me!

I'm trying! :frown: but I can't seem to think of something appropriate thats adventurous and academic! But still the good thing is, I've still got one more year before I have to go to uni, so i have time! :smile:
By the way, what is that thing you love doing and that you get paid for?
Reply 45
*Sweet Symphony
English Literature + Media Studies has always been subjects I've got good grades in, but I don't really want to study neither of them in Uni either!

A wise decision.

I'm interested in the whole M15, secret agent thing, but I haven't got a clue how to get into that..

Apparently not that interested.
i would like to be the female james bond, i watch a film and think i could kick his ass way better than that, and think of all the bond boys mmm... i nominate heath ledger for the first role
Mrs. Political
i would like to be the female james bond, i watch a film and think i could kick his ass way better than that, and think of all the bond boys mmm... i nominate heath ledger for the first role

heath ledger's hairline is receding severely fast..
Profesh
A wise decision.

Apparently not that interested.

Maybe if you realise, I rushed though my post and posted it without reading it, I don't spend every second looking if I repeated a word or misspelt something. If you're implying that my English skills aren't good, then think again, I got A in my GCSE and AS Level. :wtf?: Also, I said M15 was a career I'm merely interested in, like I am with a lot of other subjects, so I didn't spend alot of time researching it.

Latest

Trending

Trending