The Student Room Group

A2 History next wednesday, anyone else terrified???

109 years of Russian history is soo hard!! I feel like i don't know anything, i've just got words floating around in my head like the kronstadt mutiny, but i don't actually know anything about them!

i've got a week and a day to learn 109 years, then the day after i've got my Law exam :confused:

anyone else feeling the pressure now??

Scroll to see replies

Lol I've only 46 years to learn, sucks to be you.
Reply 2
YES ! I am terrified , Why does Russia have to be so complicated ? :frown:

What makes things worse is that I have to make sure I get the highest mark I can because I don't know my Coursework mark . I would feel a lot less stressed if I knew it. I don't know why my history teacher thought it would be a good idea not to tell us .
I have A2 history next wednesday & i'm revising now trying to get everything crammed into my head.
I have from 1485-1603 of Tudor history to swot up on.
I also have exams after it on the 21st & 30th which are both psychology [there's loads to learn!] & English lang&lit on 24th.
The best advice I can give is to revise for one then take a break then revise for the other. Just alternate them so you don't go off track with one. That's what I'm doing anyways.
Good luck!
I'm doing Ireland and I'm rather scared! It's 1798-1921 and it's so complicated; there are so many past questions that I have seen and literally could not answer :s-smilie:.
Vase-Smasher-18
109 years of Russian history is soo hard!! I feel like i don't know anything, i've just got words floating around in my head like the kronstadt mutiny, but i don't actually know anything about them!

i've got a week and a day to learn 109 years, then the day after i've got my Law exam :confused:

anyone else feeling the pressure now??

**** scared!!!!
I did russia last year lol... I find that easier becausr there are clear facts!
Doing Nazi Germany and could cry! need an A to go to university and just cant do it.... cant hold down the facts for part B (source and own knowledge question) and literally have no better kinowledge of the weimar years (too much about elections with no straight facts) and the Second World War years (cause Im struggling so much with the beginning) than I did months ago!!!

ps. AND I have my 60% philosophy exam on the monday, my 60% english exam on the tues annd then this history exam in the weds!!!! and I have broken down in the exam hall for history last year lol
charmed1309

What makes things worse is that I have to make sure I get the highest mark I can because I don't know my Coursework mark . I would feel a lot less stressed if I knew it. I don't know why my history teacher thought it would be a good idea not to tell us .

sounds like our history teachers are two of a kind, i slaved over that coursework and can't say i was too happy when they wouldn't tell us the marks! did you do appeasement and a personal study? i think even if i knew my mark i'd still be stressing because there's just so much and we've been told to learn in "themes" rather than "chronologically" :|
charmed1309

Well, our teacher said the rules meant she couldnt teach us any of the time period we did our cw on (tudor/stuart rebellions, what fun!) so we had to write our own questions, find our own knowledge and hand it in with no idea what it was meant to be/what it is

And I sorta found her list of marks and she guessed I was a B? grade cw piece... they predicted me A* and thats impossible now, thanks to their over-bearing fear that they might possibly break the rules if they speak to us about our cw... :frown:
Reply 8
.PaperDoll.
I'm doing Ireland and I'm rather scared! It's 1798-1921 and it's so complicated; there are so many past questions that I have seen and literally could not answer :s-smilie:.

it's a fun topic isn't it? lol
Reply 9
Vase-Smasher-18
sounds like our history teachers are two of a kind, i slaved over that coursework and can't say i was too happy when they wouldn't tell us the marks! did you do appeasement and a personal study? i think even if i knew my mark i'd still be stressing because there's just so much and we've been told to learn in "themes" rather than "chronologically" :|

Yeah we did one question on appeasement and the other we had to choose.
I would still be stressing over the exam but it would be nice to know if i need to ace the exam or if i can afford to lose some marks :p:

We've been told to learn in themes as well. Then in to think in factors when writing essays e.g war and living condtions . It depends on the question. Which are hopefully nice this year :biggrin:
bacforever3
Well, our teacher said the rules meant she couldnt teach us any of the time period we did our cw on (tudor/stuart rebellions, what fun!) so we had to write our own questions, find our own knowledge and hand it in with no idea what it was meant to be/what it is

And I sorta found her list of marks and she guessed I was a B? grade cw piece... they predicted me A* and thats impossible now, thanks to their over-bearing fear that they might possibly break the rules if they speak to us about our cw... :frown:

Thats wierd :s-smilie: My teacher taught us the time period and guided us on what questions to do. We had to do 2 questions , one with sources provided by exam board and the other question we had to find our own historian views.

At least you have a sort of rough guide of what your mark is. It may change :smile: My history teacher is also scared of breaking the rules :frown: I have been tempted to go look in her mark book when she's not in the room to find out my mark :p:
Yes, screw the Tudors :frown:
because i am feeling so dis-heartened at the minute, anyone know when the re-sits will be for this? Nov/Jan/June? :s-smilie:
bacforever3
Well, rough guiding being me breaking in to the room in a panic lol
its a little dis-heartening though, I need like a B in this exam and was hoping it would only need to be a low C or something because if I panic I WILL FAIL... its almost impossible for me to get a B in an exam, it will be a C or an A lol :s-smilie:

Lol , I wouldn't break into the room , thats a little bit extreme :p:

Don't panic , those marks the teacher gave it are not final and it could go up . Cause it's the first time the teachers have marked it instead of the exam board. So it's all a bit new to the teachers who haven't marked it before.
Is anyone else doing AQAs Aspects of International Relations 1945-2004?

Seems there a exams for lot of different A2 history courses going on next Wednesday.
Reply 15
I have the Warfare from 1792-1945 history on Wednesday..I'm terrified. A lot happens in those years unsuprisingly.
I'm very glad I did Russia as coursework though.
Joly
Is anyone else doing AQAs Aspects of International Relations 1945-2004?

Seems there a exams for lot of different A2 history courses going on next Wednesday.

:yep: :eek:
I'm terrified.

Doing British State & People 1865-1902. Nothing I read is sticking in my head. Haven't yet done any timed essays. Don't know what my coursework mark is.

And what the hell does synopticity mean?
charmed1309
Lol , I wouldn't break into the room , thats a little bit extreme :p:

Don't panic , those marks the teacher gave it are not final and it could go up . Cause it's the first time the teachers have marked it instead of the exam board. So it's all a bit new to the teachers who haven't marked it before.

Lol... I also found out, at the same time, that my classes cw is being moderated by Rosemary G... the one who WROTE the cw book heeheeheehee.... nm!!!
Cesare Borgia
Lol I've only 46 years to learn, sucks to be you.

lol I have only got 33 years to learn so sucks to be you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending