The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Four exams??? WTF D:
My exam days have been alright, my worst I suppose was the English lit one on my birthday :frown: two and a half hours, feeling very unwell, on my birthday... haha.
emma363
4 exams?!? which?

And on the 25th i've got sociology and statistics later = 5 hours in total :frown:

Ouch! And I was bitching about the fact that I only had Stats to do D| Best of luck, those two-and-a-half hour papers are the worst kind evaaar.

As for my worst day exams, that had to be my birthday, and not just because it /was/ my birthday. I had 2 French exams, and English to put the cherry on top. Mmm, thank you, GCSEs!
Reply 22
Ughh today - Geography 1 in the morning and French reading in the afternoon :frown:
Reply 23
AquilaXenon
Tomorrow, I've got Additional Maths FSMQ and History - Elizabethan England. I know very little of either and have currently got a really bad migraine :frown:

This except with Surgery.
Mine's probably the day I have the 1hr 15 min IT exam in the morning, then the 2hr Additional Maths in the afternoon. But I know someone who has 4 exams next Monday, he's doing a Maths resit, followed by a Latin paper, followed by a Physics resit then in the afternoon Additional Maths :lol:
I thought last Thursday would be the worst - two French papers (reading and listening) and then English Language paper 2 - Non-Fiction and Media. However, the French reading paper was easier than the Foundation paper, the listening was easy, both only lasted 45 minutes each so it just felt like one exam that didn't even feel that long, and English was just a piece of cake, so it was actually one of my best exams.

This Friday is my last day of GCSEs.. Welsh Language, which I hate because even though I'm Set 1 First Language, and supposed to be one of the best in the school at Welsh, even though I can speak it fluently and write fine in it, I struggle to understand Welsh texts to answer questions on them. It's not the language or anything, it's just comprehending them - I can never seem to get it into my head properly. And then I have Music Listening in the afternoon, which I'm also not a big fan of so I'm a tad nervous about that one. Still, hopefully off to get smashed and forget about it all afterwards.
Reply 26
4 hours of Greek AS followed by GCSE Biology.
last year, I think I had: C2, D1, RE (GCSE) and biology (GCSE) all in the same day :frown:
French listening and reading in the morning, then english paper 2 in the afternoon
Reply 29
alc45
Well, tomorrow I get the joy of 4 exams in one day :woo: , what has been, or will be your worst day of exams in gcses?

Well, mine was almost all week.
Mon - maths
Tues - eng lang 1
wed - none (some even had history)!
thurs - eng lang 2
fri - maths!

phew, glad its over.
CalB92
Same with me, I had 3 exams in one day and by the time I got to the 3rd my fingers were covered in blisters and I could barely write for the pain.

I can't imagine what would happen if you guys were forced to do some manual labour. :rolleyes:
Reply 31
during my a levels I had so many hrs of exams in 1 day as I had chem A2 history A2 and resit with extra time so that I had to spend the night in isolation at one of my teachers house.:s-smilie:
I had a maths exam. The night before i made sure i had everything i needed, i checked the calculator to make sure it worked. It did.

Then on the day of the exam, i walked in and tried to turn on my calculator. It didn't work, my battery died during the night, i was destroyed. No wonder i had to retake the subject the year after.
Reply 33
At GCSE, I had a three hour Additional Maths Exam, followed by two 1hour20 German exams while in Isolation, on my birthday. Prior to that I had 7 exams in the space of four days - not a good week!
Reply 34
Statistics 2. 30 minutes
Then english language paper 1

Fell asleep in Statistics for a hour was good
Reply 35
monday the 7th of June, i had 6 hours of exams and finished at 5:15pm.

economics in the morning= 2 and a half hours
maths in the afternoon= 1 hr 45
business studies after skool= 1hr 45
Reply 36
I have 5 hours of exams tommorow. Add Maths (OCR) + AQA Economics Paper 2 + OCR B Modern World History Paper 2
Reply 37
Had four exams in one day : 2 chemistry (2 and half hours )
2 economics (3hours)
Reply 38
Just wait till you get to Uni and realize their's Saturday exams. Complete nightmare when people are constantly dragging you out.
The worst day was last Thursday (10th June).
I had french listening in the morning, followed by history revision. Then I had an hour and a half history AS exam, then had about 50 minutes before english language paper 2. All in all 4 hours 15 minutes of exams in one day. My finger came up in a massive lump and pen marks that have only just come out :P

Also that week I had maths calculator the day after, and maths non-calculator and english langtuage paper 1 on the Monday and Tuesday.

Also, the week of my birthday I had
24th May - RE & Spanish Listening
25th May (my birthday) - English Literature
26th May - Chemistry
27th May - Spanish Listening
28th May - Physics

The friday before (21st may) I had PE & Biology. Today I had Geography Paper 1 & French Reading and on Thursday I have Geography Paper 2... :|

17 exams on 12 different days :s-smilie:

Although, some exam timetables here are pretty awful D:
Couldn't they spread the exams out a bit more? XD

[ps. sorry for the mini rant XD]

Latest