The Student Room Group

Can you request to get your coursework moderated/remarked?

With my History A Level coursework, now I knew I wasn't going to get an A but I thought I was pretty capable of getting a B. I wouldn't have minded getting a C even but it turns out I got 42/80 in the end which according to the WJEC website is a D grade!
I don't know what was so bad about my coursework, I interpreted every source in the correct way as far I am aware and thought I had quite a solid argument for the statement.
My teacher told me it was good in the few weeks before I handed it in, that I was getting there and that when he did the final mark I should get a good mark for it. Then he went and gave me a D. There's only 8 in the class and another person got 35 and someone got 37 aswell! I think only one person got a high mark which was 63/80 and she's an A student. I feel really let down to have come out with a D and I put so much work into it from September to April, and it's really going to drag my A Level down now, I'm going to struggle to get a B.
So is it possible to have an examiner mark it or something, I know you can get papers remarked. Would I be able to request it now or would it have to be after I've got the results of the whole thing? Thanks.
Reply 1
BabyGirl92
With my History A Level coursework, now I knew I wasn't going to get an A but I thought I was pretty capable of getting a B. I wouldn't have minded getting a C even but it turns out I got 42/80 in the end which according to the WJEC website is a D grade!
I don't know what was so bad about my coursework, I interpreted every source in the correct way as far I am aware and thought I had quite a solid argument for the statement.
My teacher told me it was good in the few weeks before I handed it in, that I was getting there and that when he did the final mark I should get a good mark for it. Then he went and gave me a D. There's only 8 in the class and another person got 35 and someone got 37 aswell! I think only one person got a high mark which was 63/80 and she's an A student. I feel really let down to have come out with a D and I put so much work into it from September to April, and it's really going to drag my A Level down now, I'm going to struggle to get a B.
So is it possible to have an examiner mark it or something, I know you can get papers remarked. Would I be able to request it now or would it have to be after I've got the results of the whole thing? Thanks.

No you can't. If there's a serious problem you could try talking to head of year etc but I don't hold out much hope of anything resulting from it.

WJEC will moderate a sample of the coursework from your group and if they think the teacher has been too harsh they would upgrade all students marks but otherwise your are stuck with it.
Reply 2
That sucks :frown:
I'm so dissapointed with my grade!
I'm glad I didn't put my firm as the ABB uni now cause I'd never have got in.

I know that the teacher had just split up with his wife around the time he was marking them. He teaches my sister at GCSE too and has been really harsh with them and not giving them enough help. She's doing a GCSE exam in year 10 and he hadn't told the class the strucuture of the exam or anything, and none of them knew what to do.

Latest