The Student Room Group

I challenge you all to beat my stupidity! Worst mistake you've made in an exam?!

Scroll to see replies

ballsack
You are clearly retarded, don't worry though there's always re-sits.

worst thing i've done is when thhey gave me an essay question i drew a massive cock coz i was bored.

What a useless post.

Don't know if it's the silliest thing I've ever done, but this year on one of my exams I answered 3 questions, instead of 4, even though I had taken the time to carefully hightlight "Answer 4 questions" on the front cover.
Ok first line of my english Coursework i missed out 4 capital letter all for nouns :P
Reply 82
i did a C3 exam without using a calculator thinking that, like c1, it was non-calc and c4 was calc.

10 minutes to end and halfway through the paper i heard people smashing calculator buttons and thought they were doing another exam.. but then everyone was using them.

i finished barely. got 90 ums lollll
Care-Free
In a mock English exam where we write about leaflet content, i didn't realise it was a booklet and spent 45 minutes analysing the front cover, only to look over and see everyone has turned over ¬.¬

I did that for my English Lit GCSE :yep:
I once wrote the value of Z as Z in Maths section of SAT...

I always wonder what if a person accidentally loses order of the multiple choice ticks in the answer sheet. 39/40---------0/40 :eek3:
Reply 85
I answered every single question in a Greek archaeology exam. I had to discuss 2 artifacts but instead wrote something about 60 artifacts.

I still say I should have got extra marks for being able to do that......... I didn't though!
I couldn't read roman numericals and so when they printed the Act and Scene I had to write about in my drama exam I read the roman numericals wrongly and answered the wrong act and scene lol.
edd360
Whenever I talk about Earth quakes, I always refer to them as "erupting" coz I think im talking about volcanoes >:|

..how do you refer to earthquakes...'going off'? hmmm i'd easily make that mistake too :smile:
Reply 88
In an ideas in context exam, there was an article about cattle.
Throughout all my answers I refered to the cattle as sheep, and I have no idea why.
Dont have the results yet, so I'll see if they knock off marks.

Oh and I wrote about hitler in a cartoon which was published in 1920 :P
Reply 89
Many. Exams hate me.
1. I went to an exam, walked all through the exam hall and was annoyed that they had forgotten my name and paper. I talked to them, and they told me that it was an english exam, not the maths exam that was due to be sat the following day...
2. not my fault, but i felt silly: i was having an exam in our school gym when an old shuttlecock fell from the rafters, onto my desk and onto the floor.
3. I tripped. In a hall full of quiet kids. Yeah.
The most stupid, though, was my last A-level exam.
it was a big 60-marker question, and i misread it. I then babbled on about something completely different to the question, because i had been lazy and not bothered to look at it.
Well i still passed the exam--JUST--and had to resit it this year :frown:
In a biology exam, my friend mislabelled the tracchea (however you spell it) as the falopian tube.
Also she translated 'Mein Vater arbeitet im Stadt' (my father works in town) as 'my waiter is obedient'.
Reply 91
tea_please
In a biology exam, my friend mislabelled the tracchea (however you spell it) as the falopian tube.

Don't worry, so many men make that mistake too.
Reply 92
I writ Japanese on my French test.
ballsack
You are clearly retarded, don't worry though there's always re-sits.

worst thing i've done is when thhey gave me an essay question i drew a massive cock coz i was bored.

are you like the fat kid on superbad who is obsessed with drawing phallus'? You know, cos of that post...and your username... :o:
I fell asleep, didn't attempt any of the questions and got a U in further maths. oops

I had a laughing fit in my Geography GCSE, got taken outside the exam room, spoken to in harsh tones and let back inside on the condition that I stopped giggling and behaved like an adult.
******* thought in my C2 exam that 8 times 3 was 21 :facepalm: I sat there for 20 minutes on question 2 thinking " FUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK". And then i realised, and lol'd. Hard.
Reply 96
Care-Free
..how do you refer to earthquakes...'going off'? hmmm i'd easily make that mistake too :smile:

I don't know really. I would start writing "An eruption can occur" then realise and change it to "An earthquake can occur", it's mostly in that sense, but I do it EVERY time, sometimes I don't notice at all.
Reply 97
MathsHamster
I have missed out 10% of an exam before due to not turning the paper over.

And my friend once made the organism/orgasm mistake throughout a biology paper.

I missed 50% of an exam due to not turning the paper over. Luckily it was only a mock GCSE RS exam!
Someone in my year answered every single question in the RE GCSE. We were only supposed to answer four, there were literally 30 questions on the paper overall :hmmm:
Reply 99
In my maths non calculator paper there was something about similar triangles or something, i was stressing so much it took me 10 minutes to divide 15 by 1.5 in the end i gave up and wrote 12! When i got out and realised it was 10 I wanted to cry lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending