The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Uni Psychology Timetabling Advice.

Hey. I'm starting Cardiff uni in September for psychology. I was wondering if any current students could tell me what the timetabling is like and how much extra work you will have to do on top of that to get good marks? Is it around 40 hours a week? Will I have time for a part-time job of about 10 hours a week and a social life as well?

Thanks...x
anyone ...? :frown:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
i dont think many poeple go on here past the application process... but id be curious for this one too... ah well see what september brings right?
I don't think there's any Cardiff Psychology students on here...
Reply 4
I've just finished second year - the course has changed a bit since I did first year but the amount of work varies week to week depending on deadlines, but you should have time for a part time job. It depends on how long you like to take on work, other commitments you have (societies, going out etc). I know people who had jobs and did very well, but also some who didn't plan and ended up having a deadline for the next day, and a shift at work to handle on top of that. So...up to you! :smile:
Reply 5
Hi,

I've just graduated in psychology at Cardiff Uni. In my first year I think I had about 10 hours of lectures per week including tutorials and what not, though I can't remember exactly and the course has changed slightly since I started. You should definitely have time for a part time job - I started my job in my second year and was able to keep it going during final year as well. I agree with freetofly, it's all about planning really. You know your deadlines well in advance and if you plan it well then you'll have plenty of free time.

Any questions you have about the course or the uni PM me and I'll try and help.

Latest

Trending

Trending