The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Now I'm not that happy about my insurance course being in clearing :frown:
Reply 2
Cherudim

Quite interesting, although positive, I don't think I qualify as one of these 'high=flying' students lol. This has made me slightly more apprehensive about the coming hours... :eek:

Good luck there. :yep:

Your modesty is class leading too.
hmm...I think this is for those AAA/AAB students who didn't get a place.....still....this year is messed up...
Reply 4
Competition for university places means that students of an unprecedented calibre are likely to miss out on their first choices

What is that supposed to mean? If you firm your firm you only not go if you decide not to or you don't get the grades. In the prior its not missing out and in the latter you are hardly of 'unprecedented calibre'.
Reply 5
Great.
Reply 6
This is great news. Save the clearing places for the students who have 99% chance GOT a place. Makes total sense.
Reply 7
Vezy
This is great news. Save the clearing places for the students who have 99% chance GOT a place. Makes total sense.

And if they don't fill, offer to lower grades.

I know it is frustrating but it is quite a good idea for them to start bartering high and then lower the boundaries as time goes on and the course fills up.
leeds...clearing...exceptional students?... doesn't quite go together. Good students yes but not exceptional
skyhigh!
Great.

lmfao your sig, the japanese never fail to amuse me with their ideas
Vezy

:yep:

There is no place for average students. They chose to work the way they did at high school, and they ought to pay for it now.

That's the way the world works I'm afraid.

:p:
Reply 11
the_educated1

There is no place for average students. They chose to work the way they did at high school, and they ought to pay for it now.

That's the way the world works I'm afraid.

:p:

Oh I understand it totally. I just don't like it. Especially not this faux-panicking from all you top-level students. "Oh no, Queen's Titty ******* College of Tinkletown won't let me in with my 5 A*'s!"
Reply 12
Vezy
Oh I understand it totally. I just don't like it. Especially not this faux-panicking from all you top-level students. "Oh no, Queen's Titty ******* College of Tinkletown won't let me in with my 5 A*'s!"

I may well sig this. Magic. I totally agree also.
Vezy

:rolleyes:

Failure is never rewarded, let me assure you.
the_educated1
:rolleyes:

Failure is never rewarded, let me assure you.

Just to be pedantic, failure is rewarded on occasion (match fixing etc)
Reply 15
CrookedLegs
Just to be pedantic, failure is rewarded on occasion (match fixing etc)

That is not failure.

As then the priority aim was to win money which would be rewarded upon 'failure'.
Reply 16
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
lmfao your sig, the japanese never fail to amuse me with their ideas

:zomg:

I do not like the look of this. At all.
Whoa wait a minute, aren't those so called high flyers have a place already? since they're supposed to have good grades
Reply 19
Vezy

lol, I need to rep you...

Latest

Trending

Trending