The Student Room Group

Geography Applicants for Entry 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by In_Infamy
Congratulations!

Did you have an Open Day or Interview? I have an interview with them in March :rolleyes:

Cheers. I had an open day with UCL. Good luck with your interview!
Original post by billiethekid
how do i log in to that

you will have been sent a kings email saying user and password for login....
I think if you go back through this thread you might find people who have received offers for less than this for Exeter but they might be BSc. I know the Cornwall campus offers are lower and I've heard of people being offered a place at Cornwall if they don't meet their offer for the main campus.

It's hard to judge because you don't know the real reason why the offers are varying. It's a gamble.
(edited 13 years ago)
Anyone have any tips/advice for this UCL interviewee? :colondollar:

I thought my interview was on the 15th March...turns out it's on the 9th :shock:. Soo yah, real desperate :colondollar:
Reply 564
Has anyone had a geography interview (specifically human geography) ?

If so, can you just give me some brief tips on what they could ask me?
Reply 565
Okay so I wanna hear peoples opinion
I wanna do BA geography next year I'm specifically interested in Economic and political geography, I've just got an LSE offer (AAB) I have the same offer from KCL/SOAS and Birmingham and a AAA offer from Durham. I'm still waiting to hear back from Bristol...

So I would love to minor in economic next year which is why I really like LSE and it ranks above universites like oxford and cambridge for geography, but which university out of all 5 offers the best and most respected degree? I just wanna be sure before my final choice....
Original post by evans.d

Original post by evans.d
I wanna do BA geography next year I'm specifically interested in Economic and political geography, I've just got an LSE offer (AAB) I have the same offer from KCL/SOAS and Birmingham and a AAA offer from Durham. I'm still waiting to hear back from Bristol...

So I would love to minor in economic next year which is why I really like LSE and it ranks above universites like oxford and cambridge for geography, but which university out of all 5 offers the best and most respected degree? I just wanna be sure before my final choice....

You have some great universities on your list. I'd be inclined to discard KCL and Birmingham since they're not the highest raters for Geography. Bristol is frequently rated higher than Oxford for Geography but their emphasis does seem to be more on physical geography which is not your thing. Bristol, Durham and LSE are all brilliant places and you could probably pick your favourite purely based on how much you like the place and how happy you think you'd be living there. London and Durham are clearly a very different uni experience. Only you know where you would be happiest.
Original post by evans.d

Well I'm extremely bias as I've got KCL as my firm choice but I suppose LSE would be better for what you want to study. Bristol is mainly physical geography isn't it it, so you won't get much or any political or economic geography modules?

London is an amazing place to study so you definitely won't get bored whereas you might in Durham as it's a town. But go to where ever you would enjoy the next 3 or so years :smile:
Original post by In_Infamy
Anyone have any tips/advice for this UCL interviewee? :colondollar:

I thought my interview was on the 15th March...turns out it's on the 9th :shock:. Soo yah, real desperate :colondollar:

basically you will have a discussion with a professor and 2 or 3 other candidates about a topic in geography related to the interests you specified in your personal statement. Try not to get nervous, i did awful in mine and somehow still got an offer!! Good luck :smile:
basically you will have a discussion with a professor and 2 or 3 other candidates about a topic in geography related to the interests you specified in your personal statement. Try not to get nervous, i did awful in mine and somehow still got an offer!! Good luck :smile:

the topic i was given wasn't anything to do with my personal statement. x

Is this for the Open Day folk or specifically for Interview Day? Mine is for Interview I think :/
Reply 571
For all round geography actually most places rank LSE as top, but obviouisly only regarding human geography... The complete uni guide is better than the time website, it collects data from several tables :smile:
Original post by chr1stopher11
you were supposed to get your log in details a few days after you sent your application away to UCAS - when KCL had received it. If you haven't got them then phone them up and ask them to resend you the details :smile:

Hey,

I have exactly the same choices as you. Kings as firm, and RHUL as insurance.

When did you see the uni, as i went on the 16th Feb?
Original post by kebabmonk
Hey,

I have exactly the same choices as you. Kings as firm, and RHUL as insurance.

When did you see the uni, as i went on the 16th Feb?

Woah, what a coincidence! I've only visited KCL and I did that on the 2nd of March.
Reply 574
Hmm yeah Cambridge, Bristol and Oxford are just a bit to sciency :/
Cool, then I might have seen you there! What group where you put into for the tours? And what did you think of KCL?
And then a few days later I decided to firm it :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
There are many reasons I want to go this year but here are a few:

I'll get the grades this year

I won't be able to afford the fees next year

I really want to be in London (the sooner the better)

I'll graduate at 19, which is pretty cool imo.

I know I won't be able to go out to clubs, but I don't mind. I'm not into drinking or things like that so it doesn't bother me.
Perhaps, but I'm not bothered about it at all really. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who don't want to go out clubbing and drinking too. Besides there are always societies and stuff which I can be involved in :smile: I don't think it is a biggie tbh
Original post by chr1stopher11
Perhaps, but I'm not bothered about it at all really. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who don't want to go out clubbing and drinking too. Besides there are always societies and stuff which I can be involved in :smile: I don't think it is a biggie tbh

do your parents not mind you going at such a young age? and also i remeber your mum she was talking to me on the tour of the uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending