The Student Room Group

Geography Applicants for Entry 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by tmgtara
Yup was for the BSC.. Its only 1 grade difference anyways! (: but well done on your grades they are better than mine !! I did : Maths, Biology Chemistry & Geography- I got an offer from York today soo happy but.... I also got declined from QM my 2nd choice :frown: :frown: :frown: dont see how that works when York Uni, I consider + all the league tables show it has a better name? :frown: soo 3 offers & 1 decline so far.... X

Thats good about York, they are a decent uni.

I don't understand TSRs obsession with Queen Mary Uni. I wouldn't feel bad about not getting an offer, your other choices are far better!

Well done!
Reply 81
Original post by kebabmonk
Thats good about York, they are a decent uni.

I don't understand TSRs obsession with Queen Mary Uni. I wouldn't feel bad about not getting an offer, your other choices are far better!

Well done!

Heey thanks alot! :smile: which uni is your first choice? ! Goodluck with the QM meeting!!!
Reply 82
Original post by tmgtara
Heey thanks alot! :smile: which uni is your first choice? ! Goodluck with the QM meeting!!!

My Favourite is LSE, but im not sure if it is realistic. Erm.... i dont have a QM interview, lol, i didn't apply there.
Reply 83
Original post by Trav77
Sent my application off on the 1st of November to do BA Geography, Applied to;
Bristol
Exeter
Royal Holloway
Liverpool
Sussex

Got an offer from Liverpool on the 4th, however still waiting on the others! So frustrating haha How long you guys reckon it will take for replies?
BTW, I'm Sam, nice to meet you all!

Royal Holloway, Liverpool and exeter are giving out offers so hopefully you'll hear soon :biggrin:
Reply 84
Original post by mecks17
HAVE 4 offers and an interview. SOOOOOOOOO RELIEVED.
how's everyone else doing?

Offers Human Geography; Reading, Royal Holloway :smile::smile: Brighton and Kingston
Interview' Queen Mary :smile:

What were your rpedicted grades??

I haven't heard anything from QM but I only sent it off on the 3rd Nov...also, when did you send yours off and when did you get the interview? :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by mecks17
Royal Holloway, Liverpool and exeter are giving out offers so hopefully you'll hear soon :biggrin:

Fingers crossed!
What grades are you predicted at A2? :smile:
Reply 86
heyy!
applying for BA Geography! predicted 3 B's at A2 (i think!)
applied for:

Bangor (had conditional offer)
Keele (conditional offer)
Manchester (rejection :'()
Aber
Lancastrer

Starting to get a bit worried about Aber and Lancaster as a lot of people have seemed to have had offers from them and my form has been with the unis almost 3 weeks and I've heard nothing :frown:
Reply 87
Original post by Trav77
Fingers crossed!
What grades are you predicted at A2? :smile:

predicted ABB, what about you?
Have you got any of your offers yet?
:smile:
Reply 88
Original post by Sine
What were your rpedicted grades??

I haven't heard anything from QM but I only sent it off on the 3rd Nov...also, when did you send yours off and when did you get the interview? :smile:

predicted ABB :smile: and i sent my application on the 28th September, got my acknowledgement email on the 30th October, and then my interview is on the 1st December :smile:
I wouldn't worry whatsoever if you sent it on the 3rd November, i reckon your looking at getting your acknowledgement email pretty soon :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by mecks17
predicted ABB, what about you?
Have you got any of your offers yet?
:smile:

Predicted AAB in Geography, English and Economics
Got an offer from Liverpool :smile:
Really really want to go to RH though, maybe Bristol, but I like the look and feel of RH more.
RH your first choice?
1) Studying Geography, History, English Language/Literature. Dropped maths last summer.
2) Physical Geography BSc, and Geography BSc
3) Coventry, Keele, Bangor, Leicester and Lancaster.

I soo want an offer from Lancaster!
Reply 91
Studying Biology, chemistry and geography for A level and dropped psychology at AS.
just applied to leicester, loughborough, plymouth, portsmouth and Hull for geog Bsc.
I really liked these places from when I went to the open days. I would Love an offer from leicester!!! fingers crossed
Got an offer from Plymouth for Geography! I wanna go there so much :biggrin:
1. Geography, Maths, English Lit., Physics (and i've also done french)
2. I've applied mainly physical, but I'd rather do both! I've also applied for Geography and Maths at St. Andrews :smile:
3. Cambridge, Bristol, Edinburgh, St Andrews, Durham
Reply 94
im on a gap year right now, but did geography economics and maths at A level. got ABD so im resitting some maths modules in jan. im applying for the BA, details in my sig :biggrin:
Reply 95
Currently doing International Baccalaureate.
Higher: Geography, Biology and English
Standard: Maths, German and Art

Applied to do Geography BSc at: Bristol, Manchester, Exeter, Reading and Cardiff (Marine Geography)

So far I have offers from Manchester and Reading :smile:

REALLY want to get an offer from Bristol or Exeter though. Has anyone got offers from them?
Reply 96
Conditional Offer from Leicester yesterday, and Birmingham today for BA Geog :smile:)
Original post by mecks17
HAVE 4 offers and an interview. SOOOOOOOOO RELIEVED.
how's everyone else doing?

Offers Human Geography; Reading, Royal Holloway :smile::smile: Brighton and Kingston
Interview' Queen Mary :smile:

Can you report back to us what happened at the interview whenever you have it (especially the questions they ask)? I applied there as well and am dead scared about it! (I suck at them :frown: )

Thanks and good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 98
Original post by Bassxoxo
Conditional Offer from Leicester yesterday, and Birmingham today for BA Geog :smile:)

Got my Leicester BSc offer yesterday :biggrin:
Reply 99
For AS i got:
Geography - A
Biology - B
English Lit - B
English Lit and Lang combined - B
General studies - A
Chemistry - C

So this year im doing Geog, Biology and English Lit, predicted ABA, not sure how likely that is though!

Ive applied for some specifically human courses, and some BA ones with the first year giving a grounding in both sides.

I applied to Leeds, Exeter, Leicester, Reading, UWE, and got offers from Leicester, Reading and UWE so far - very exciting!!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending